woensdag 29 februari 2012

Swirl-A-Palooza

On February 18th we had Swirl-A-Palooza crop weekend over at Swirlydoos.
And boy.... there were so many FUN and GORGEOUS projects and tut's posted.
I will share 2 of them today. (the rest will follow later this week)

Lynne created a VERY COOL and GORGEOUS canvas, using household items.
Very inspiring, so I had to give it a go. Here's what I came up with:
I first did the base as Lynne showed us in her tutorial, and then added some more Gesso on the sides to place my lace in. After it al dried, I added some colors of Distress Crackle paint.
I altered my metal embellishment by using Archival ink.
The base of this flower is made out of cardbox, which got stamped on and glimmer-misted to put it in shape. The top flower, I made, using fabric. I cut out the large flower of, Tim Holtz's Tattered Florals die, colored it with Distress inks and gave it a thin coat (on the back of the petals) of Multi Medium. Then dried it with my heat gun, and put it in shape.
The birdcage is from Prima (resist canvas) and came in a previous Swirlydoos kit. After I had glued everything down to my canvas, I added some Glossy Accents and sprinkled Diamond Dust Glitter Glass, in the wet Glossy Accents.

Lisa Valentine shared some gorgeous images of Vintage Seed package's and she created a BEAUTIFUL canvas with it. Here's what I came up with.
I used a wooden frame, instead of a canvas. Printed some of the images out
(in mirror) and transfered them to fabric, using Multi Medium.
The rose is made by using Tim Holtz's Pinecone die... love that die!!!
I really love how my transfered images came out. To finish it up, I added some pearl strand, using my glue gun. That's it for today. I hope you have a wonderful day, and maybe even some time on your hands to get creative.


hugs,
Paulien

4 opmerkingen:

Elle zei

Awesome!

phamil zei

Hey sweetie, just dropping by to say "hi" and to let you know that I'm thinking of you a lot. I sure do miss the old "Paper Doll" days sometimes!!! Seems like things were much easier!!! Take care, HUGS!!!

♥ Danielle ♥ zei

He schoonzusje van me,wat ben je weer lekker creabea geweest zeg
je maakt er altijd weer iets moois van.....ik vind vooral die lijst erg mooi geworden
Mijn complimenten hoor
Lieve groetjes van mij

ingrid zei

wow......that canvas turned out amazing!!! totally LOVE it!! (just finished a mini canvas in my fav color, have to take a picture before I can post it)
great colors and the background looks awesome!
the wooden frame is another beauty!
hugs, Ingrid xxx