zondag 1 mei 2011

May Tag

Hello there,

It is time to share my monthly tag and to be honest....
I just love the way it turned out.


okay... here we go:

supplies needed:
Ranger Craft tag 8# - old bookpage - tacky glue - chipboard birdcage and a bird - gesso - white puffy paint - spray bottle with water - distress inks: antique linen, weathered wood, tumbled glass, vintage photo, peeled paint, rusty hinge - versamark or clear embossing ink - Archival ink in Coffee white embossing powder - heat gun - hot glue gun - Windsor & Newton Iridescent medium - Clear stamps: Prima Marketing script and Viva Decor - pearl beads - organza flower - calender - foam dot - ribbons.

1. Take your tag, glue, and old bookpage.

2. add glue to your tag, something like this.

3. place your bookpage over it, press it down a little and set away to dry.

4. take your birdcage and paint it with gesso. Add a little white puffy paint. When you heat the puffy paint with your heatgun, it will really puf.
I got this birdcage in a goodie bag from Faye.
It is from 3TailsCraft

5. take your, bookpage-covered tag, and spray a little water over it.

6. pull the loose bookpage off of your tag. till you are left with something you like.

7. add some antique linen distress ink in the middle of your tag.

8. then add some weathered wood to the left side.

9. you can even add some tumbled glass distress ink for more color.

10. stamp some flourishes in versammark and use white embossingpowder. heat set it.

11. mix some gesso with water and give the left side of your tag some white wash coating.

12. mix some iridescent medium with water and add that to the part you just gave a white wash coat.


13. look at all that shimmer.......


14. I used this Prima clear stamp, which came on a pre stamped accetate. by moving the accetate around you can see where you want your stamping to come and how much you want to show.

15. I used painters tape to select my part of the stamp. of course masking tape will do the same.

16. inked it up with Archival ink.

17. get the tape off your stamp before you stamp it onto your tag.

18. stamp a border on the bottom of your tag, using Archival

19. stamp some leaves at the rigth side of your tag using peeled paint distress ink.

20. stamp your calender and distress it. Also get a ticket out and distress that one too.

21. Get a flower out

or make your flower, after this tutorial : Rosies Tutorial
22. To perfectly place your pearl center, I add a cocktail pricker into my bead

23. add a dot of hotglue into the center of your flower

24. place your bead into the glue.

25. Make some danglings from pearl beads and attach your dangling beads to the bottom of your cage.

26. Get all the embellishments onto your craft sheet and start building.

27. glue your birdcage to your tag.

28. put a foam dot at the backside of your bird.

29. place it onto your tag.

30. glue your flower at the bottom right.

31. shape your calender

glue it to you tag.

32. get some ribbon out. I didn't have orange, so I made orange ribbon by adding rusty hinge distress ink onto my craftsheet

sprayed it a little with water and twirled the ribbon in it,

till it is all covered. you can heat dry it.

33. arrange your ribbons for your tag.

34. I add this little tim holtz embellie as finishing touch.

here are some close ups:




look at all this dimension...


Isn't that lovely???


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, and if you decided to make one of your own, please post me a link.... I'd love to see it.

Have a lovely sunday!!!

hugs,
Paulien

18 opmerkingen:

Anita zei

Absolutely gorgeous Paulien, you're right it turned out beautifully. I love the birdcage, it's so cute. Thank you so much for putting your step by step tutorials. I really enjoy trying your techniques. I must get a move on I have only just posted my April tag! Anita x

Nicki zei

Wow this is a stunnining tag Paulien, you are so tallented.

I can't wait to try this.

Nicki.xxx

Κατερινα zei

so beautifull tag!!!thanks Paulien ..i love your techniques!!!!hi from Crete!!!!katerina,xx

oolgas zei

So beautifull tag!thanks Paulien!

Faye Butterworth zei

Awesome Paulien, I love it,
Hugs,
Faye

judith@poppy cottage zei

Paulien, this is so beautiful, and thank you for the step by step. I love the colours that you have chosen, they are lovely. Judith xx

Luz Maria Bruna zei

I´m agree with you it looks sooooo pretty!!!

Mrs Frizz zei

oh wow, this is something special ...

Ellie zei

It looks gorgeous! TFS

Lynne zei

Stunning tag!! Love the colors you chose, combined with the embellies. It makes it very shabby chic!! Thanks for sharing your tutorial...lots of great ideas here!!

Corine van der Zee zei

Wat een waanzinnig gave tag!!! Helemaal te gek en super die tutorial erbij. Prachtige details! Een vraagje: Puffy paint, heb er naar gezocht maar kan het nergens vinden, enig idee waar ik dit zo gauw kan vinden?

Groetjes Corine

Gerry zei

Paulien, you are truly amazing! I admire everything you do my friend! One day, I`ll sit and I`ll follow all the steps you do when you create such fabulous creations! Love, Love what you do!!!!! Dikke knuffel, Gerry xo

Tracey ~ GardenOfGrace zei

This is such a gorgeous tag, Paulien! I just love every little detail, and there are so many! :-)

Tracey zei

Truly an inspiration as always hon, I love the background with the book page and the handmade flower, the birdcage is stunning too - cant wait to have play and create my tag for the month, thankyou for sharing xxx

Anette zei

Weer zo'n prachtige tag. En wat een leuk spul dat Irridiscent....?
Kun je daar ook je eigen glimmermist mee maken??

Riet zei

schitterende tag.

wendy scrappings zei

Zit je blog eens door te nemen. Wat een mooie tag. En heel duidelijke tutorials maak jij zeg.
Gaaf!

carine1960 zei

ik ben er echt gek op,vind hier ijn belgie alleen die birdcage niet.ik ga ze moeten copieren van het internet,afprintennen dan op dik cardstock kleven,zo kan het mschien wel lukken! die puffy paint,vind ik hier ook nergens,soms een idee waar ik die kan vinden.