It is time to share my monthly tag and to be honest....
I just love the way it turned out.
okay... here we go:
Ranger Craft tag 8# - old bookpage - tacky glue - chipboard birdcage and a bird - gesso - white puffy paint - spray bottle with water - distress inks: antique linen, weathered wood, tumbled glass, vintage photo, peeled paint, rusty hinge - versamark or clear embossing ink - Archival ink in Coffee white embossing powder - heat gun - hot glue gun - Windsor & Newton Iridescent medium - Clear stamps: Prima Marketing script and Viva Decor - pearl beads - organza flower - calender - foam dot - ribbons.
1. Take your tag, glue, and old bookpage.
2. add glue to your tag, something like this.
3. place your bookpage over it, press it down a little and set away to dry.
4. take your birdcage and paint it with gesso. Add a little white puffy paint. When you heat the puffy paint with your heatgun, it will really puf.
I got this birdcage in a goodie bag from Faye.
It is from 3TailsCraft
5. take your, bookpage-covered tag, and spray a little water over it.
6. pull the loose bookpage off of your tag. till you are left with something you like.
7. add some antique linen distress ink in the middle of your tag.
8. then add some weathered wood to the left side.
9. you can even add some tumbled glass distress ink for more color.
10. stamp some flourishes in versammark and use white embossingpowder. heat set it.
11. mix some gesso with water and give the left side of your tag some white wash coating.
12. mix some iridescent medium with water and add that to the part you just gave a white wash coat.
13. look at all that shimmer.......
14. I used this Prima clear stamp, which came on a pre stamped accetate. by moving the accetate around you can see where you want your stamping to come and how much you want to show.
15. I used painters tape to select my part of the stamp. of course masking tape will do the same.
16. inked it up with Archival ink.
17. get the tape off your stamp before you stamp it onto your tag.
18. stamp a border on the bottom of your tag, using Archival
19. stamp some leaves at the rigth side of your tag using peeled paint distress ink.
20. stamp your calender and distress it. Also get a ticket out and distress that one too.
21. Get a flower out
or make your flower, after this tutorial : Rosies Tutorial
22. To perfectly place your pearl center, I add a cocktail pricker into my bead
23. add a dot of hotglue into the center of your flower
24. place your bead into the glue.
25. Make some danglings from pearl beads and attach your dangling beads to the bottom of your cage.
26. Get all the embellishments onto your craft sheet and start building.
27. glue your birdcage to your tag.
28. put a foam dot at the backside of your bird.
29. place it onto your tag.
30. glue your flower at the bottom right.
31. shape your calender
glue it to you tag.
32. get some ribbon out. I didn't have orange, so I made orange ribbon by adding rusty hinge distress ink onto my craftsheet
sprayed it a little with water and twirled the ribbon in it,
till it is all covered. you can heat dry it.
33. arrange your ribbons for your tag.
34. I add this little tim holtz embellie as finishing touch.
here are some close ups:
look at all this dimension...
Isn't that lovely???
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, and if you decided to make one of your own, please post me a link.... I'd love to see it.
Have a lovely sunday!!!