dinsdag 17 mei 2011

Using my flowers

Thank you all for your lovely comments, on yesterday's post.
It is so fun to read that you are gonna give those flowers a try yourself.
If you happen to have any questions about the tutorial, feel free to ask.

What I wanted to add... Is that the layer of Gesso... is to firm up the
petals. Your babywipe will be easier to cut, this way.

I used some of them on my next page

I first started with this lovely sheet of Pink Paislee, Parisian Anthology line,
which I gave a little white washing, with watered down Gesso.
I then stamped on in with my text stamp, using archival ink.
Then I painted a rectangle, with peeled paint crackle paint. On top of that I painted another rectangle with Gesso. Placed my picture and flowers.
Here are some close ups: (if you click on the pics they will show up much clearer)



I added some puffy paint to that lovely aqua Prima flower, and layered a handmade flower on it. The little rose was first sprayed with glimmermist and then I tipped it, with a little crackle paint.

The letters are white Thickers which I stamped on (lightly) and sprayed with glimmermist. also added a few spots of crackle paint, to blend in with the background.


For the big white flower.... it was actually a red, Prima, one... I added several layers of Gesso and heatset it up close... blow a few bubbles in it (I know that you normally shouldn't do that, but I liked it) the last layer I added diamond dust and some glitter in the wet Gesso, let it air dry.

That bubbly wire, is just regular wire (which you can find in the home department store)
I mixed puffy paint and peeled paint crackle paint together and brushed it on the wire. Got it all covered up and heat set it for the puffy paint to puff. Then shaped it, using my paint brush handle. (liked it a lot!!!)

These clear treasure's I got from Angelica when I bought something from her Etsy store. she added them as a little thank you gift. (thank you Ang!!)
I glued them on the lace using my hot glue gun.

Really... these flowers... I just love them. So I want to thank Romy, for mentioning them.

Hope you all enjoy your day.

hugs,
Paulien

8 opmerkingen:

Scraplijn zei

Prachtig prachtig, ik moet nog iets afmaken maar daarna ga ik zeker aan de slag met deze bloemen. Wat zijn ze mooi en je lay out ook!!!!

Martha zei

Prachtig is dit en wat een super leuke foto!!
Groetjes,
Martha

Lisa zei

What a beautiful page PAulien...I can look at your work all day. I just love the little extras you put on a page. You really do inspire me!!!! Thank you for sharing your work and your tips!!!

Lynne zei

Your flowers turned out gorgeous!! This layout is just stunning!! Love the colors you chose, and the details are amazing!!

Boukje zei

Prachtige layout, mooie verwerking van de bloemen en mooie details!
Groetjes Boukje.

Corine van der Zee zei

Beetje laat Paulien, problemen met Blogger. Prachtige LO en de bloemen zijn helemaal te gek!

Groetjes Corine

Tracey zei

I adore your handmade flowers hon, they are truly yummy, you have lots of patience making them and all their little stamen, I love the page also ,the way you have used the paint as a background - fabulous as always my friend xxx

Vicky Alberto zei

gorgeous layout and techniques