vrijdag 28 januari 2011

vintage me

he hee...
that's the title of my next page.
Had to take a lot of pictures cause
I want to show you the texture of this page,
of how it looks in real life.

This is me, when I was 10 months old,
These pictures were taken in 1971,
in the home where I was born.

I started out with 2 pieces
of white cardstock. On the first piece
I stamped several images/text with
Versamark and I used white embossing powder
and heat setted it. Then I added several
colors of Distress ink. ( bundle sage - tumbled glass -
scattered straw - peeled paint and stormy sky )
Then I used the same stamps again, only this time
I used pumice stone - black archival and peeled paint.
My pp came out gorgeous,( at least, I think it did)
that's why I took many pictures,
in the hope you'll pick up the colors.

some close ups:

On the second piece of white cardstock I added
a layer Gesso and stamped in the wet Gesso.
(see picture below)


I added some color using glimmermist and let it dry.
Then stamped my Hex Net in black archival.



For the chipboard piece, (Dusty Attic) I cut it in 3 pieces,
dabbed gesso on it with my finger and then
sprinkled some glitter while the gesso was
still wet. let it air dry.




These flowers were hand dyed, using distress inks
and some perfect pearl mist. Then I added some
frosted lace stickles.



I really love the texture.





The title was hand written, on some
painters tape.

So.... anyone
can make their own patterend paper.
I really like to use stamps and this
resist technique.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Have an awesome weekend!!

hugs,
Paulien

6 opmerkingen:

Jolanda zei

ooooh Paulien ,wat mooi!!wat een werk maar wat een super mooi resultaat,geweldig!!
Fijn weekend!
Liefs,Jolanda

LISA zei

Paulien, this is just exquisite!! I just did my own paper using all stamping, and did a tutorial using the resist for Swirlydoos. I simply think yours came out gorgeous!!! I love it to pieces!!!

Marian zei

jee....ik kan hier héél lang naar kijken....al die details,zóveel!....erg mooi gemaakt zeg!
groetjes,Marian

Mrs Frizz zei

simply beautiful ...

Tracey zei

OMG this is so beautiful and how precious are those pictures of you. I love the hexa mesh background and yet another inspirational tutorial from my fave scrapper in the world xxx

pbhobby zei

Hi,

Just a few word to say that I find your work amazing.
I just start my own blog and I try to link all the scrappers around the world that inspire me to their own work.do my LO. I find it normal to give credit to the persons who share theirs techniques just like you.
So here the link to my LO inspire by your technique: ici.
I hope you like it :)
Cheers

Pascale