woensdag 12 januari 2011

home decoration

I've been blog hopping the last
few days, and have seen some
amazing inspiring projects.

One that I very much loved,
were some altered spools.
So I decieded to get making
my own. I've took only white
cardstock, some stamps, Versamark,
white embossing powder, heatgun,
distress inks and lots of leftovers
lace-trim and some other embellishments.

I had so much fun, creating these pieces.






for the big one, I took a piece of fabric,
stamped my butterfly randomly with Archival
in Coffee, masked my stamped butterfly with
maskingtape and stamped over the entire
surface my old script stamp using Archival
ink in Coffee and Black.
Wrapped it around my spool and embellished it.







The spools were made from kraft cardstock.
I glued them with Tacky Glue. the tops and
bottoms of the spools were made using chipboard.

Love how they all turned out.


Then I came across a gorgeous card,
over at the Hero Arts Gallery.
I truly adored it, and HAD TO lift it.

I'm not much of a lifter, but this one
I just had too!!! I only got one problem.
I don't know who created this card.
I went back to the gallery but all it
says, it that it was created by a
Guest Designer. So if, by any change,
you happen to know, who made this card,
please let me know, so that I can give
the credit to the person who came up
with this lovely card.

This I can share for now. Later this
week I'll be sharing a page, which
I created for the MCS Big Sketch Contest.

I'm off..... stalking the blogs from
the BIG people... looking for new
sneak peeks.

hugs,
Paulien

9 opmerkingen:

Ageeth Holster zei

Prachtig Paulien, wat een werk maar je hebt er wel eer van. ik vind je blog layout ook erg mooi!
Lieve groetjes van Ageeth x

Luz Maria Bruna zei

What a great artist you are my friend,your work is amazing!!

Mrs Frizz zei

I bought some spools just recently and you have definitely inspired me ... simply gorgeous!

jolan zei

Hey Paulien dat ziet er super uit. Lijkt me heel gezellig bij jou thuis. Fijne dag groetjes Jolan

Krissy zei

I can't stop looking at these. They are absolutely GORGEOUS! I feel so inspired! But, you always have that effect on me. Love these latest pieces of your honey!

Hugs!
K

Tracey zei

I really thought these were real wooden spools - how clever to make them yourself and so beautiful too, I like all the different shapes and sizes, such a pretty collection xxx

Ali zei

These are so beautiful, I also thought that they must be made of wood.......you have a wonderful blog here.

Ali x

Lenet zei

Ik vind ze prachtig! heel mooi.
harstikke leuk dat je met miet miojn challenge meedoet.

H zei

I was so happy that you enjoyed creating those pieces. Hope you can share to us some great ideas for other home decorations as well. I might add those in our home concept in Madison WI furniture.