zaterdag 5 februari 2011

Just a quick post

cause we are getting company over.

It is Kelly her birthday today, so
busy busy!!!! She is already 20 years
old. mennn time goes by, in a blink.

anyway
I want to share my latest page.

I created this page for the
something old / something new
challenge, over at MCS.
And yes... I like that topic
since we are used too collect stuff
and buy in bulk. lol
here it is:

and some close ups:












The picture I used is an older picture
of Ashley. I guess she was about 14 years
old. She is 17 now. Gosh.. they grow
so fast!!! This picture is one of my
favourite pictures of her.

I had these 7 Gypsies paper laying
around for quit some time now, and
also the piece of canvas is an older
one from Prima. (got printed words on it)
I flipped it over and added a layer
Gesso to it, to create even more texture.
then I tore, my paper and I made some
cuts around the silhouette of the bird,
cause I wanted to stand out a little.
I placed pop dots underneath.
I rubbed that little birdie with
Rock Candy Distress stickles to alter
it a bit, and to add texture.
Cut some twine in pieces and colored it
with Distress ink. (walnut stain)
then glued it down as a branch.
In the lower left corner, I used
Rock Candy Distress stickles and
I even sprinkled some Diamond Dust over it.
Too bad it doesn't show very much in the picture.
I cut the little butterfly out of the paper
and added Rock Candy Distress stickles to
it wings. sprinkled a little glitter over it.
The flower in the bottom right corner
(it is an older one from Prima)
I cut it apart and cut the petals a little smaller.
Some of the stamens came of and I took 2 of them
to glue them down to the back of the butterfly,
as antenna. Gave the butterfly a body using some
string of pearls. The flower in the top left corner,
comes from a faux flower string, it originaly was
a white rose. I rubbed it with Rusty Hinge
Distress ink and spritzed it with water. Put
a little baby rose in the center.
The lace is (I believe) from an older line
of Prima Marketing. For the cluster at the left top
I inked the lace up with Rusty Hinge Distress ink.
The pearl strips on the sides is something I had for
a long time and is from KaiserCraft.
The tiny Alpha stickers ( I have them forever)
are from Making Memories. The bigger letters
were silver glittered letters. Don't know
which brand they are. I painted them with
brown acrylic paint and sanded them
just a little.

For the new stuff... hm let me think
I used my new hot glue gun... does that count??
Oh and also the my new TH tiny attacher.

Hope you all enjoy the weekend,
hugs,
Paulien

8 opmerkingen:

Scrappin out of the Box zei

Your daughter is beautiful...love all the details in this layout...my daughter just turned 14 Wednesday....the first 14 years have flown by so fast and each year seems to go by even faster...

Jolanda zei

Gefeliciteerd,en super mooi werk!!

Paper Paradise zei

This is gorgeous, so much detail. x

Ellie zei

Prachtig!

marjolein zei

Hoi Paulien, gefeliciteerd met Kelly. Wat is je pagina weer mooi geworden. Kijk even op mijn site ik heb een verrassing voor je staan. www.dutchdesignbymarjolein.blogspot.com
Groetsels Marjolein

Lisa aka Raining zei

Gorgeous! Love the canvas!!!

Calv zei

Hi Paulien :)

Sorry i've not been around for ages, i tend to get lost for months on the internet. Like a bad smell though i'll always come back lol.

What a beautiful LO, stunning as usual. Don't the kids grow up so fast, mine are entering thier teens now too. Scary!

Take care

Calv.

Tracey zei

Sorry I haven't been by in a while hon, I saw this on facebook and didnt realise it had been linked from your blog - lol I am such a ditz sometimes !!! Beautiful colours, I love the little cluster of pretties in the corner, I love how you have made so much from scratch. The photo of Ashley is precious, I hardly recognised her, she has certainly grown up a lot in the last couple of years.

Love ya hon xxx