maandag 14 februari 2011

Happy Valentine's day

And Happy Birthday
my dearest Tracey!!!

I just have a quick tag to
share with you today.
The colors in the pictures
are a bit off... sorry for that.

For this tag I used a Ranger
Manilla craft tag. I colored it
with different shades of pink and red
Distress inks. I stamped on the tag
with some old metal folie, using Archival,
and I glued the metal folie, at the bottom
of this tag, behind the hearts.

I added white Puffy paint to the left side
and heat set it using my heat tool.

This little dangle is home made and the spray
of pearls at the right side are glued
with my heat gun.

For the texture I added Rock Candy
Distress stickles and sprinkled
Diamond Dust over it. then let it dry.

The tissue tape behind the hearts
is home made. I used painters tape
and stamped on it. I have to give
FULL CREDIT to TRACEY for this idea.
She came up with that during the
TH 12 tags of Christmas. So.....
Thank you Tracey! You are
such a clever crafter!!!!
I also added some texture to the
left bottom using Rock Candy Distress
stickles and Diamond Dust.

I created these hearts out of
cocktail sticks. Made them a little
wet before I start shaping them.
added Puffy Paint and heat
set it.

I glued a little piece of the ribbon-roses
and added some stickles and tiny pearls.

Then there is something I really would
like to get of my chest:
***********************************
The tutorial I did on my
February tag, is not in
competition with the tutorials
Tim Holtz does.
I did it, because I was asked too.
I have the greatest respect for Tim, and
I learned so much from his tutorials.
I think he is one of the most
brilliant thinkers in the world.
For me he is like the Master, who
is so sweet enough to teach us all.
And I would like to say a BIG
THANK YOU!!!!!! to him.
I really admire his skills.
He is like an Einstein for crafting,
He only looks wayyyyyyyyy much better!!!!!!!

Enjoy your day.
Hugs
Paulien

6 opmerkingen:

Jeni O'Connor zei

Paulien I'm a huge fan of your work. You are very talented.
Jen

Jolaine Frias zei

Absolutely beautiful and romantic Paulien! Love the textures! Happy Valentine's Day to you!

natje zei

Wowww...heel erg mooi!!
Prachtig gedaan!
Mooie details.

Groetjes

Elena zei

Paulien, This is a beautiful tag...and I love the tutorial on how you did it. Tim Holtz teaches so that we can try new ideas. I am sure your version would be a delight to him. And when I copy your idea...my version will be different than yours...isn't ART wonderful????

Tracey ~ GardenOfGrace zei

Just gorgeous! Your work is so beautiful and filled with technique treasures. I appreciate when you did the tutorial - you are a great teacher. I never got the impression you were competing with Tim - you used a different approach and I learned different things! Thanks so much!

Tracey zei

OMG honey your tags are simply stunning, this is so soft and romantic - perfect for february and valentines day, thankyou so much for the birthday wishes, thankyou for the mention, although I can only say that it was Sir Tim who inspired me with the whole tape thing lol. Honey the tutorials you do on your blog are fabulous, I love seeing all the stages of your amazing projects - you are such an inspiration ! I dont think anyone would think you are in competition with Tim, and I am sure Tim himself would love to know you are doing them and inspiring people to try techniques they may otherwise be wary of trying and I think you are the perfect complement to Tim, you do the feminine pretty style and Tim does the grungy style, and we as crafters have the best of both worlds xxx