zaterdag 11 oktober 2014

Saturday Card tutorial

 
 
Hello Everyone.
 
So.... I'm going to give you a bigger sneak, then we already did posted in the announcement thread. This card is made with the, October "Treasured Yesterdays" kit.
OMG ladies you will going to LOVE this kit.



And here is how it came together:


For the base of my card I folded an A4 piece of cardstock double, and trimmed off the edges till it meassured 5.3/8 x 6.1/2 inch. My fold is on the left side.


Then I cut 2 strips of PP. 1 for the bottom, 5.1/4 x 1.1/4 inch and one for the top,
5.1/4 x 7/8 of an inch.


This is the PP I chose for the center piece of my card, and I cut it at 5.1/4 x 4.1/2 inch


Then the barcode strip (of the same paper I used) was cut in 2 strips of 5.1/4 inch wide.
the little piece at the top is an excess piece.


I slightly distressed the edges of the papers and inked them up, using Vintage Photo Distress ink. Glued them to the base card like this.


The top strip and 1 of the barcode strips: I got their edges distressed and inked. Glued them down like in the picture.


Then I took this note card. I cut 7/8 on an inch off, of the left side and 1.3/8 inch from the bottom. Then I eyeballed the center and tore the paper (towards me) till I recieved a, kind of triangle shape.


like so


I glued it to the card like this, but didn't add glue all the way to the edges. I wanted to be able to curl/roll some of it up.


The "ïn between" space was filled with a piece of cardboard


And on top of that I glued the second piece of the barcode strip.


Then I tore off a piece from a mesh bad-sponge for adding texture.


I took some hemp cord, wrapped it around my hand 3 times and stapled it in the middle.


Both the mesh and the hemp cord were glued down like this. The little white piece in the middle is to prevent getting glue on my fingers.


Look at that texture!!!! I love it.


I took 2 of the leaves off of the flowers, that came in the prima flowers pack. Inked their edges and glued them to the top like this.


I chose the yellow rose and one of the wooden embellishments to be my focal piece.


On one of the stickpins that came in the Main kit, you find this little clock. I removed the pin and glued it to the wooden frame like this.


From the lace, I cut 3 little strips.....


and glued them like this. 2 at the right top and one on the left bottom.


Then I thought that I could cut this wooden embellishment to just use the word "dream"
Well.... "in my dreams" The top layer came off and I thought, oh well, then we only use the top layer. I inked up the edges with walnut stain distress ink, directly from the pad and left it to dry.


Then I added some distress stickles to my flower and I fussy cut a tiny yellow butterfly which I placed at the right top.


In the meantime the ink had dried, I glued my word "dream" in place. And for the finishing touch I glued 3 golden pearls in the left bottom corner.


And I called it DONE!


This is a Design Team project I created for Swirlydoos Scrapbook Kit Club.
If you’re ready to start getting perfectly coordinated, top of the line scrapbook kits
delivered to your door, please visit us at www.swirlydoos.com.
Mention my name (Paulien) when you subscribe and you’ll receive 10% off
your first kit, AND a coupon good for 30% off your entire purchase in the Swirlydoos.com store!

I hope you enjoyed this step by step tut!
Enjoy your weekend!
 
 

Geen opmerkingen: