donderdag 6 december 2012

cArt-Us Mini Collection Christmas (CHG)

 
 
 

Hi All,

 

Today I'm going to share some projects I made,
 using the
cArt-Us mini Christmas collection,
which I got from CHG (Creative Hobby Groups) to work with.

 
First up are some cards.
 I used the cArt-Us 6x6 Scandinavian Christmas paperpad for this card as well as the  Bling embellishments and the Puffy Alpha stickers.
 
  These are real Holly leaves and I picked "Else propjes" for pine-cones. I added some Gesso to it and a twill bow and topped it of with a cArt-Us square bling.
 
I took a close up picture of the paper, so that you can see how beautifully detailed it is.
Just love the glitter on there.
 
On this card I used a sheet of paper that comes in the cArt-Us  6x6 paperpad.
I distressed the edges - added some Ranger gold Paint Dabber and while the paint was still wet
I dipped my card into Diamond Dust glass glitter.
I got a doily and some fabrics out, to give it some extra interest and texture.
 
Onto a little bit of home decor
 To bring some cozy, warm candle light feeling, I created this little set.
On the bigger altered candle, I used paper from the cArt-Us 6x6 Scandinavian Christmas paperpad.
I fussy cut the image and simply wrapped it around the glass.
On the smaller candle I added the cArt-Us Scandinavian masking tape.
On both candle-glasses, I added some Beacon's 3 in 1 Craft Glue and dipped them into Diamond Dust glass glitter to get that sugared look.
 
This picture shows you the corset lacing I did with the larger candle.
I added some tiny bells to the ends.
 
 
I also made a little gift bag with this cArt-Us Scandinavian Christmas line.
 
 For this gift bag I used papers from the cArt-Us 6x6 paperpad (Scandanavian Christmas line)
the Puffy Alpha stickers - the Glittered Embellishment stickers - the Bling Embellishment - the Cling stamps and the Ribbons set.
 
 I stamped this snowflake, using Archival ink in black, on white cArt-Us cardstock and cut it out.
I glimmermisted it in vanilla breeze and candy apple,
(if you look close enough you can see the glimmer)
and then inked it all up with clear embossing ink by Ranger, covered it in Utee, heat setted it and while is was melted I gave it a new layer of Utee. Till I had reached 3 layers. After it was completely cooled down, (make sure it really, REALLY is cooled down for the next step)
I started to bend my snowflake embellishment and it started to crack. Love that technique.
 
 I knotted some old bells on a string of twine and used machine stitching to add them to my giftbag.
I also did some stitching on the paper strip.
 
 This is the back of the bag. I gave it a layer of Ranger's Multi Medium, because I wanted to stamp some snowflakes on the fabric. By adding the Multi Medium, you prevent the stamping ink, to soak completely into the fabric, which will fade your image.
 

 I made some tags to go inside the gift bag.
 
Here's Tag 1
 
Tag 2
 
Tag 3
I added some Tulip white Puffy Paint for the snowy effect on the branch.
 
And lastly I have this card for you which features the cArt-Us Cling Stamps and Faber Castell Gelato's.
 I started to stamp my border, on cArt_us white cardstock, using clear embossing ink and white embossing powder. Heat setted it and let it cool. I then took my Faber Castell Gelato's which came in Swirlydoos, last month's technique kit, and started to color randomly. Then I spritzed it with Smooch Shimmer Spritz and I blended the colors, using my fingers, till I was happy with how the background turned out.
 
 On the front of my card, I cut out a circle, because I wanted a turn-able center piece.
I stamped my bigger snowflake, twice, on white cardstock. Again using clear embossing ink and white embossing powder. Heat setted it. After they cooled down, I added my lightest color blue Gelato and blended the color all across my stamped snowflakes. I took a silver thread and sandwiched it between the 2 stamped snowflakes, and added them to my card. To dress up, the cut out circle in the front of my card, I took a string of white tulle and glued it to my card. Also added some funky beaded string. The look like tiny disco balls to me.
 
To give this card a whimsical shimmer I mixed a few drops of Iridescent medium
(Windsor & Newton)
with water and brushed the mixture onto my card. Love the shimmer it gives.
 
I hope you enjoyed my projects and that you picked up some idea's.
 
My Swirlydoos DT kit came yesterday, so.... I'll be busy crafting!
Reveal and Blog Hop will be on the 12th of this month, so make sure you don't miss it.
 
Hugs
Paulien


2 opmerkingen:

Romy zei

Wauw, jij hebt niet stilgezeten de laatste tijd! Wat een geweldige creaties allemaal!

ingrid zei

just LOVE all of these creations! you always have the most amazing details!
enjoy the snow!
Ingrid xxx