woensdag 12 december 2012

Swirlydoo's December Kit Reveal

 

 

 

Welcome to Swirlydoos' December Kit *Believe* Reveal

Blog Hop Block Party!!


If you came here from Angelica's blog, then you are on the right track. If not, go back to Swirlydoos' blog and start from there. We have some amazing projects for you to see today !! We have 3 manufacturers hopping and 3 designers from Webster's pages!!! Also, as an extra special twist, 2 of our designers are hiding secret prize on their blog!!!!! Make sure to leave a comment on all of the blogs for a chance to win!!! Check out Swirlydoos on Facebook and Like Us!!!
 
*********************************************************
 
I am not going to warn you (no more) for the heavy photo post,
cause I think you know that by now from me. So here we go!
First up are some cards I made with this Gorgeous kit.
#1

 
 
#2
 
#3

Onto my next project.
Remember those old vintage wash boards, they used to use back then? 
Well I had one of them and it was a real "stand in the way" thing.
So when I was (again) finding it a new place, an idea came to mind.
I turned it over, and the back was just perfect for my idea, soooooo
here's my OTP project
 
 

 I added a few layers of Gesso to the top and while the last layer was still wet, I sprinkled some, fake snowflakes powder and some fine glitter on it.  I also added gesso to the twine and those gorgeous flowers that came in the kit. The mini cloth pins were sitting in my stash forever.
 
 
 I love these beautiful papers by Kaisercraft. 
 
 In the Main Kit there was also a sheet of "from - to" tags. I folded mine double, and hang them on the twine. Those little pinecone(ish) thingies are Else propjes. From the "Els" tree.  
I picked them up from the ground.

 gave them a little Gesso coat.
 
 The hingie, is a recycled painting - hanging system, I sanded/painted/inked them and beat them up, with Tim Holtz texture hammer, just like I did with the brads.
The paper edges were dabbed with Gold paint dabber. Whilst the paint was still wet I added Multi medium (matte) and sprinkled Diamond Dust glass glitter over it. When it was all dry I rubbed some Stickles over it. (diamond)
 I took a 12# acrylic sheet and cut it to fit, using a deco scissor. I then sanded the outher edges to get a frosty look. After my stickles (on the center paper) were dry I hand stitched it to my acrylic sheet.
 
The pearl beading, was something I found at a dollar store. I took quickly a picture of it for you to see...
I had to tape them down to my craft sheet, cause they are going EVERYWHERE.
I just want you to see, how easy you can make them yourself.
It is 1 main thread (the horizontal one) the other short strings, are knotted on that main thread.
 
Okay, let's continue
 I so love that beautiful Prima Marketing, metal embellishment, that came in the kit.
 Actually there were 2 in the kit. (still have one, Yah!!!)
I wrote the word family on a scrap of paper and then glued the glass on top of it, using Beacon's 3 in 1 Craft Glue. Actually, I used this glue for the whole project.
I added a real holly leave, which I dried for a few days over the heating, and added some Else projes and a vintage bell.
 
 Love, love, love, this badge!!!!! I added some Gesso to it and some diamond stickles.
 
next.........
just a little surprise component here
 

The acryl sheet, can be opened up (henche the hingies)
And this is what the inside looks like.
 What is that?  you may ask. Well.....
For me Christmas is being together with family and enjoy eachothers company and stories.
And I thought to myself.... why not make a family game. Or two?!!
So that's what I did. 
 
 Oh, almost forgot... this beautiful piece of paper with the saying on it,
is sandwiched between the acrylic sheet and the front center paper.
 
 And this bottom part, holds the 2 games.
The next few photo's, shows the opening up of the game holders.
 (what word should I use for that?)
 

 On the left I wrote "DO" and on the right I wrote "Tell"
It is like a "hints" game (do)
and a Q&A game (tell)
 

 Every (game) card is cut from white cArt-Us cardstock and decoupaged with old bookpaper, then gesso-ed and stamped and inked and... you get the picture.
 

 Here are some (blurry - sorry for that) pictures of the DO cards.
 
 And these are the Q&A cards.
 
Here are some of them in close up. It shows more detail.
On the back, (actually the front) of my washboard, I added a plastic bin,
for getting in new idea's and questions for the game. This way I can add more, or replace them.
I'm looking forward to Christmas already. The games will be so much fun to play.
 
That's it from me today, I hope you enjoyed my projects.
 
*******************************************************
ANNOUNCEMENT
*******************************************************************
 
Thaught by Krissy Mosbarger
Click on the title and it gets you to the info page.
 
*******************************************************************
 
You have until midnight, eastern time, on Friday, 12/14 to complete the hop. Winners will be announced on the Swirlydoos Blog on Saturday 12/15. In order to qualify to win here is what you need to do:
1: Visit all of the blogs and leave a comment on each. This way we know you were there. Become a follower if you're not already. Take your time. There are REALLY beautiful things to see along the way.
2: Before you leave each blog, look for the “special” words and write it down.
Once you have visited all the blogs and collected all the special words, they will create a sentence.
3: Finally, go back to the Swirlydoos blog and leave a comment letting us know how much fun you had, tell us the sentence that was created with all of the special words you collected. Can't wait to hear from you.


My special word is :
Eyes



The party continues over at s blog.  LuminArte 
 
Have fun!

 


63 opmerkingen:

Vicky Alberto zei

Jaw dropping projects. Oh Paulien your OTP is so stunning.

Rae zei

Gorgeous! You already know how much I love your projects! You make such beautiful things in NO time! Love your new blog look, by the way! Hugs!

Pat zei

beautiful projects!

LindaSS zei

Ohh my paulien.. you just keep making me go ohh and ahhh and so on.. :D

Lisa zei

I open my mouth and then close it, and then do it again and nothing comes out. Your projects have me stunned speechless. Beautiful.

MarĂ­lia Lopes zei

Gorgeous!!!!

Rebecca " The miss Haven " zei

Very beautiful :) Tfs !!
Hugs Rebecca

ingrid zei

you always amaze me with your creativity!!
can I come and play?lol
gorgeous projects Paulien! xxx

Kim zei

Paulien you are a scrappy mad scientist. Amazing cards and amazing project.

Jan zei

Paulien, love your cards as always. That washboard is beautiful! What a great idea!

Wendy zei

Oh my! The way you transformed that old washboard is amazing! And a hidden game too! You are truly talented!! Wonderful projects!!

Bonnie zei

You are very creative - I enjoyed all of your projects! TFS :-)

MichelleZ zei

Pauline you have created some lovely things! Thank you for sharing them!

Peggy zei

Oh. My. Goodness. I was admiring all of the gorgeous details on your cards and then I scrolled down to your OTP project and my jaw is STILL dropped to the floor!!!!!
Paulien, this is just amazing, each and every creative layer!!!!! Love, love, love it!!!!!!

Nadja Olloz zei

I am overwhelmed by all these cool projects!

Stephanie zei

Paulien I love your cards and how cool is that washboard! You always come up with such neat ideas!

Debbie L Gregory zei

This is breathtaking. I love the Family game. That IS what Christmas is all about, and what a beautiful way to showcase it.

Dana Tatar {datatar} zei

Wow! Your cards are gorgeous and the washboard transformation is amazing! Thanks for sharing so many pics of your work! =)

langeatheart zei

Wow I mean wow! There is no other word wow! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Maria zei

Love your cards and the OTP is pretty cool too.

fusiafscrapping zei

Wow! Your works are breathtaking!

scrappygal zei

Stunning cards and projects!! Love what you do!!

Kimberly zei

Oh my gosh!!!! STUNNING WORK! You are so talented, and put so many beautiful details in your projects! Thanks for the close ups!

Mountain Charm zei

Your creativity is so inspiring! Thank you.

momoftwo zei

Everything is so beautiful and I like your style. TFS

Merrihew zei

Oh My! Gorgeous work, Paulien! LOVE that amazing altered washboard!

Chantal Vandenberg zei

Gorgeous work! Full of really interesting and unique details!

Gloria Westerman zei

I love...love your wash board...how cool is that...thank you so much for sharing this with us....

Romy zei

Jeetje, wat gaaf, dat spel! Hoe kom je erop? Ook je kaarten en het washboard zien er super uit!

Oeneke zei

Paulien... ik ben er stil van... en dat gebeurt niet zo vaak. Prachtig allemaal, ik heb bijna zitten kwijlen bij de transformatie van het wasbord. Wanneer ik een wens mocht doen, zou ik wensen dat jij mijn buurvrouw was, dan kon ik het van heel dichtbij bekijken. PS. Grappig dat je het nog wist van de elzepropjes .

groetjes Oeneke

Elisabeth Bottoms zei

I am speechless. Who could possibly think of turning a washboard in such a great, interactive piece of art? Amazing!!!!!

Jennie Atkinson zei

Wow Paulien, all the projects are fabulous but THAT washboard is unbelievable !!!! You are just so so talented and your work is just so stunningly beautiful.

Thank you for all your inspiration this year. I hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas.

....... and have fun playing the games! x

Shubhra zei

Wow, what amazing creations ! Love the fur cones !

Shubhra zei

Love the creations. Especially the fur cones on the cards look awesome !

Sherrenae - Sherri zei

Incredible!

Cherished zei

Wow absolutely stunning.

Kathi zei

Paulien your creativity never ceases to amaze me. The wash board is amazing as are your beautiful cards

Lesley zei

How lovely. You are VERY creative. Thanks for sharing.

Debbie zei

Paulien, You have been a busy lady creating so many stunning projects!!! WOW, your cards are so gorgeous and the washboard is such a neat idea and so beautiful. And who would think to scrap a game? You would!!! You are a great inspiration and you are a very talented scrapper.... Love your work... and by the way the picture on your blog, you are so pretty!!!!
Thanks for sharing all of your work with us....

Cindy Lou zei

Paulien, Everything you touch turns into beautiful art - and I do mean EVERYTHING! Girl, you are such an inspiration to me, so many details, so much texture, just mind boggeling. TFS!

L. Akins zei

Gorgeous cards!!

Diljeet Kaur zei

hop hop n hop :-).....from 1 creation to another it's fun

connie zei

beautiful! Love what you did to the washboard.

gretheB zei

wauw... great stuff you make

Gillian zei

WOW, how gorgeous are these projects

sandee zei

Loved the family game, which could also be great for Christmas parties with friends too! How cool and beautiful! Blog hopping from the hills of North Carolina :)

Katie zei

Wow, amazing and beautiful projects! I love the cards that you made, love the embellishment like the string of beads and the pine cone. Really wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Teresa zei

Great projects, love what you did with the washboard!

Distressed, But Not Forsaken zei

I love, love, love what you did to the washboards! What creativity!

Hanne zei

Awesome projects. The alteration of the wash board are juste amazing.

Kathy zei

You always have a surprise! I love everything but I loved the game and hope to steal it with my family. Everything is spectacular. Happy holidays.

Rusticdiva zei

Amazing work Paulien. A very special project and so much work. Hope you have a super Christmas and lots of fun playing your game.

Dee in N.H. zei

OMG! Stunning projects!!! Some very lucky people will treasure your Christmas gifts!!

Amy Voorthuis zei

Super mooie creaties weer hoor waar haal je de iedeen vandaan hihihihi gaaf hoor! liefs Amy

marylouh zei

So happy that the scrub board didn't get stuck into a corner again or thrown away. I'm sure it's standing proud now that it is so beautiful.

leon santiago zei

amazing ideas you have!

Katyoparty zei

Paulien! I am so stunned and surprised by your projects! I just love your inventiveness and how do you think of these things???? Total genius!!

Manda_K zei

WOW Pauline, that washboard game is AMAZING!!!

mamadonald zei

Gorgeous cards and that washboard...what can I say...LOVE it!!!

famillemarleau zei

Gorgeous projects. Love your style. Thanks for sharing, Johanne L.

Nicole Doiron zei

wow! You have been busy! Your style is so unique and innovative! Love all your cards and your washboard idea!!! TFS

Beatrice Lawson zei

You made a game? And that beautiful OTP decor piece? Oh my word.... too beautiful!

Linda Pekrul zei

Paulien, your creativity is so amazing. I always love your cards, and this month is no exception, but that OTP project leaves me speechless. Absolutely speechless. Unbelievably awesome!!!