dinsdag 13 maart 2012

Swirlydoos' MarchKit Reveal Blog Hop Block Party!!

Welcome to Swirlydoos' MarchKit Reveal Blog Hop Block Party!!

If you came here from Glitz Design's blog, then you are on the right track. If not, go back to Swirlydoos' blog and start from there. We have some amazing projects for you to see today and as a bonus we have 2 manufacturer blogs that are joining in the fun and a 3rd manufacturer offering a prize!! There are 4 prize packs up for grabs so make sure to follow along and have fun!!
***************************************************************************
Along with this BEAUTIFUL March, *French Quarter* kit, came this month's sketch:


When I saw this sketch, I immediately wanted to work on it, and here's how it turned out:



I painted my DA pieces with Irridescent Medium (Windsor & Newton) to give it MEGA shimmer. The roses are made from Tim Holtz's pinecone die.


I used lots of the negatives from the DA chippies and here I used it as a frame. Got it covered in Glossy Accents and micro beads.


When I saw that big black flower in the kit, I fell in love... It is so beautiful IRL. The burlap comes in the kit too.

Rae Is our hostess this month for the SWIRLYHUES challenge, and she put together this Storyboard:


And here's my example page:


To create the background I first started to add Gesso. I colored it with Distress Ink. When it was dry I added Glossy Accents and sprinkled some Glitter Glass on it. I also added Puffy Paint, which I colored with Distress ink.


Covered my DA chippie in Glossy Accents and sprinkled it with micro beads.


This kit is so versatile. The lovely Glitz Whatnot's have both feminine and masculine cards in it, and here's a card I made, with the masculine
Whatnot cards.




That big clip, is from an old back-pack. I thought it looked pretty cool on this card.

That's it for today, I'll post the rest of the projects I made, later this month with my second reveal.

***************************************************************************
You have until midnight, eastern time, on March 15th to complete the hop. Winners will be announced on the Swirlydoos Blog on March 16th.
In order to qualify to win here is what you need to do:

1: Visit all of the blogs and leave a comment on each. This way we know you were there. Become a follower if you're not already. Take your time. There are beautiful things to see along the way.

2: Before you leave each blog, look for the “special” words and write it down. Once you have visited all the blogs and collected all the special words, they will create a sentence.

3: Finally, go back to the Swirlydoos blog and leave a comment letting us know how much fun you had AND tell us the sentence that was created with all of the special words you collected.



My special word is : CAN

The party continues over at Petaloo's blog. Have fun!


Hugs,
Paulien

83 opmerkingen:

Lisa zei

My goodness Paulien!! Your pages this month have me speechless. All of the texture and detail and is off the hook! Stunning!!!

Amy zei

Gorgeous pages! Thanks for sharing for the blog!

eleele zei

awesome, so pretty colours . I love the way you used the canvas, I will try to do it too.

Manda_K zei

Gorgeous!!! Love the card and amazing designs.

Alina zei

great projects! Love the layouts!

T Young zei

Very nice work! I love the burlap in this kit!

Kathi zei

Paulien you always do such creative work!!

Kathi zei

Paulien you always do such creative work!!

Linda Pekrul zei

Your sketch page of your daughter is so beautiful! And that background that you did on the Swirlyhues.... incredible! Love the card too Paulien. Beautiful work!

L. Akins zei

Paulien.. Your creativity amazed me.. Lovely work with the kit this month

Cyndi S zei

Elegant projects, love them.
cstephenson at q dot com

Margie zei

Very nice work - I particularly like the masculine cards you've created here.

Kim zei

Great layouts Paulien. Your card is a great masculine card. Great work with the kit.

Κατερινα zei

Paulien i love your job...its really fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MZule zei

Your DA chips are simply gorg!

Neliva zei

i love how you used the canvas...so great...and the little back pack thingy so cool

/hugz lone

Lisa zei

Paulien I so love your work!!! Always beautiful!!!

AmyJ zei

Beautifully done. Oh my I love everything. The burlap flower is so pretty. Thanks so much for sharing your talent.

Michelle zei

WOW - I love the details on the chipboard!

Keren Tamir zei

very beautiful!!

Beth zei

Love all the great techniques.....

lszalil zei

Stunning projects.

Scrapycandy zei

So many beautiful details! A twine circle, micro beads, oh my! A wonderful blog and I'm a follower! Thank you so much!

Serene zei

I love what you did on the background on the Destiny layout. All of your projects are excellent.

Polly zei

Gorgeous pages, love all the techniques you use.

Rosjen zei

I love to see all your work, you are a true artist!!
I so love your tutorials, never stop!!!
Love,
Jannike, Sweden

Vicky Alberto zei

What can I say? You are SO very talented!!!

Oleksandra zei

Beautiful projects!

ILuvVintageScrap zei

Beautiful love all of the details!!!
hugs
Juliana

drybolt zei

OMG, drooling,,,,Love it.....

Lakuna zei

Lovely layouts. I love the background. And the card is so nice.

Dame Jeanne Marie zei

Your story board is remarkable - I just love how you used Gesso and other media to create such texture. Thanks for sharing!

sharon g zei

I love all of the burlap!

rlovew zei

I like what you did with the gesso- that is something I haven't played with yet.

Merrihew zei

Paulien, your projects are stunning!

Cheryl

Yasmin zei

Lovely Projects! Loved the peach coloured layout! Fantastic. :)

Thanks for having me over! :)

piedra preciosa zei

Beautifull pages!

Beckie zei

I love the sketch too and the way you have used it, just beautiful!

Stephanie zei

Paulien your card and layouts are so awesome!!

Tracie zei

Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing!

Angelica zei

Paulien, each and everyone of your projects are phenominal!! You work texture like no other!!!! You're amazing, my frien!!

Danielle zei

Hoi Paulien,
Ik vind de layout van Megan helemaal top geworden en de kaart die je gemaakt hebt vind ik erg mooi
Lieve groetjes Danielle xx

Kimberly zei

Everything you do is so beautiful. I love your layouts, cards and tags! I am on your blog a lot for inspiration!!!

Sandra zei

I love your photos, the first one is so engaging and the sketch works so well.

Sandydee zei

Lovely, just beautiful. Really like what you did with this kit.

Dee in N.H. zei

WOW! Just stunning!!!

Jax zei

Gorgeous projects, Paulien! I love the micro beads and glitter glass you've used, as well as the intricate background on your second LO.

Maria zei

Gorgeous as always. Can't wait to get my hands on the kit so I can play too!

Nicole zei

wow! Your projects are totally exquisite. I love the idea of putting microbeads on chipboard - i will HAVE to try that out myself. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Cherished zei

Paulien Gorgeous work.

Jeyatha zei

Beautiful work..

Donna in Louisiana zei

Thanks for sharing your techniques with us, as well as, your stunning layouts. You inspire me to create outside of the box.

Jennifer zei

Gorgeous projects! The burlap and green on the first layout -- WOW!! Definitely becoming a follower!

Asmah Zainal Abidin zei

Hi Paulien :)
I absolutely love your awesome creations!!!! I will visit again to learn something from you :) TFS.

Francine zei

What beautiful work Paulien!I love the idea of covering the chipboard with micro beads and hadn't thought of that before. You really do learn something new everyday! Thank you for being being the one to teach me today.

Annette McCarty zei

I enjoyed your blog very much. I especially appreciated the male card. I was very impressed with the layouts and your backgrounds were stupendous. Loved it.
Thank you so much

Elina zei

Great work!!!!!I love all the technics you have used on your layouts!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Elisabeth zei

stunning. just love what you did with the background. I have to use my gesso - so pretty!!!

Lynden Blossom zei

Hello - I'm here via Lisa Gregory via LinkedIn - REALLY Lovely projects you have done!! Come visit me sometime - ;-} (Our best Friends in Grand Rapids, MI years ago were Vanden Boschs... Dutch is my heritage... ;-})
Lynden

http://aneleganttouch-lynden.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/An-Elegant-Touch-/162889457132788

http://morepaperthanshoes.ning.com/profile/LyndenBlossom

Lesley zei

Love the contrast between dainty and rustic.

Kitika zei

Well-done!

Kathylayne70 zei

WOW. I love what you did with the sketch. That l/o is so awesome. All your work is always beautiful.

detra zei

Beautiful! Love the layout with the burlap background!

Lynne zei

Love your blog and all of your creations. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle M in CA zei

Hi Paulien! I love the intricate detail in your layout! It is beautiful! Thank you for sharing! Wonderfully inspirational!

Rea' zei

Amazing projects, love your textured bacground techniques ( must try that), your flowers from pinecone die are gorgeous!So much inspiration here!

Sandi Smith zei

Oh my...such beautiful creations! Your work is stunning!

Andiepants zei

One of my fave blogs!! Seriously you always have such wonderful ideas. I love all the texture you add to your papers with the stuff and the...you know...more stuff:) Wonderful work, thank you for sharing.

Tina in Texas zei

Paulien.....OH MY GOSH! WOW! WOW! WOW! I think this is my favorite of all....but, I think I say that every time. I would love to have an ounce of your talent. Really beautiful

Jomama zei

Love your use of multi media! Your backgrounds are gorgeous!

Tracey Gregory zei

I am totally inspired to get out my gesso and play! Your creativity is amazing!!

Erica Ortiz zei

Paulien, you really know how to work these papers! You did a wonderful job, beautiful!

NanaBeth zei

Your work is amazing.I cannot wait to come back and go through your archives.

Theresa zei

Love your layouts as always. The detail is great. Thanks for sharing.

magicalmagpie zei

Love the use of the glass beads, looks like I will have to haul mine out from the bottom of the stash!
TFS

Shelly zei

your card is so amazing, very masculine - a must lift for me!
and i love your use of micro beads - may have to pick some up!!!

LISA zei

Love every little detail in all of your work. Your sketch LO is gorgeous!! Your daughter is beautiful! Love love your sweet little house and your flowers are flippin beautiful!!

Sherrenae - Sherri zei

Wonderfully done.

cvanholstein zei

Prachtig werk Paulien.
Ik doe niet mee aan de bloghop maar kwam je toch even een dikke compliment geven!
xxx, C

peggylee zei

I am so blown away with your talent...love love your layouts...

Dara Lynn zei

Paulien! I always love learning new things, and you have given such great inspiration with your background and chipboard techniques! Absolutely stunning sweetie!

Dara Lynn zei

Paulien! I always love learning new things, and you have given such great inspiration with your background and chipboard techniques! Absolutely stunning sweetie!

Bashful zei

Nice Work!