Due to NO INTERNET!
It fell out on me, after I loaded my projects to the Swirlydoos gallery and Sb.com.
Hate it when that happens.
My second project reveal with my Swirlydoos French Quarter kit, was suppose to go live on friday, but then again... no internet. Sorry!
I need to split up my second reveal in 2 parts, cause I made so many projects with that kit.
So... here we go: second reveal part 1.
This page came together during cleaning up my scraps for my next project. I ALWAYS, clean up, before I start a new page or card. Putting everything back in the plastic packaging, the kit came in. and when I was putting it back in the plastic, all my scraps fell in place and I thought... oh that doesn't look bad... so... that's how this page was born. lol
Here are some close ups:
The tissue paper (on the left) came in the kit too. I scrumbled it and pleated it on the left side. I love how the burlap looked on the black velvet and decieded to leave it there. Added an old jeans button and some ball-chain.
I was curious if my border punch would work with velvet paper... I did add a thin cardstock, cause I was affraid the fibers in the velvet paper would tore, and punched through both layers.
I loved the little WhatNot cards, that came in the kit, and this one was a perfect fit fot this page. Added some fun stitching and some gesso.
My next project came together, the same way the above page did.
It is a wall hanging, on which I didn't spend too much time.
I colored some seambinding with Distress ink (peeled paint) for another project, and had this, left over. I added a line of hot glue and just dropped it on there, for a stem. love the outcome.
Added some stiching and did some fussy cutting.
The Glitz *French Kiss* WhatNot cards that came in the kit, are just perfect to make quick cards. I added some layers of (scraps) paper and some stitching.
This cute little birdcage card (WhatNot) was distressed using Ingvild Bolme's distressing tool and I inked the edges with distress ink.
The flower is hand made, from some fabric that I had.
You are invited.
Again I used a WhatNot card. I added some stitching to it, and made it the center of my card. The seambinding was colored with Tattered Rose and Spun Sugar Distress ink.
And this is my last project for today...
Me at 41
The fabric I used on this page... Well I just have sewn (sp) new curtains for my livingroom and I saved the leftovers and used them on my page.
The roses are made form Tim Holtz's pinecone die.
The big flower was made using Tim Holtz's Tattered Florals die. I also added a few layers of the tissue paper that came in the kit. The little flowers are made from some scrap fabrics, and that beautiful watch embellie came in the kit also. loved it!!!!
here you can see the dimension of the flower even better.
I did some hand stitching. I first hand draw a flourish on a piece of acrylic. Layed it over my page and poked my holes. Then I stitched them with a pink/coral color thread and because I wasn't quit happy with the result, I stitched it again with a thin black thread.
I hope you enjoyed my projects and picked up some trics from it.
Have a lovely Sunday!!!