maandag 15 september 2014

 
 
 
 
 
Welcome to:
 

September Scrapbook Kit Reveal & Blog Hop!


If you came here from Swirlydoo's blog, then you are on the right track. We have some amazing projects for you to see today !! Make sure to leave a comment on all of the blogs for a chance to win!!! Make sure you have LIKED & FOLLOWED Swirlydoos on Facebook!!!
 
 


 

Swirlydoos is proud to bring you our beautiful September collection:

Vintage Love

 

And check out these coordinating add ons that perfectly compliment our September scrapbook kit!


 


Are you a subscriber? If so, your kit is on it's way! If not, check out the Swirlydoos store to see if there are any September kits or add ons in the store!

Has it sold out? - become a subscriber and not only will you never miss a kit again, but you'll also pay less for your monthly scrapbook kits!
*Mention this blog hop and save 10% on your first kit*

 

 Never miss one of our kits again!


 
We have some absolutely beautiful scrapbook projects for you to see today !!  

*************************************************************
First let me say that, my kit is held up in costums, so I bought a few sheets of the Prima paper that is in the kit at my LLS. So, for my projects I have used different embellies
(from previous kits or from the Swirlydoos Boutique)
But here's what I've come up with so far.
 
Explore

This is my little grandson, Levi. He and his mom and dad were with us, during our summer vacation and of course grandpa and grandma, bought him a sandbox
(don't know if that is the right word for it)
He didn't know what to do with the sand at first, but later he enjoyed it.
 
Tag Set
 Gosh, how much I love these beautiful Prima papers. Vintage Shabbyness I call them.
 
Here are the tags one by one:
 To get that splash effect at the left top, I used Distress Stain in Antique Linen and I made sure that the dabber was loaded with ink and then I just dabbed once, not so gently, onto my paper. The ink splashed around and I really love the effect it gave. Then on top I dabbed some Distress Paint, using my finger.
 
 Nothing to say about this one. Just fussy cut the oval and flowers, raised the oval from the tag using cardboard underneath.. And then I glued (Beacon 3 in 1) some pearl strand around it, and added a few flowers.
 
I think that this is my favorite!
I did some stenciling on the right side and made a faux envelope-fold. The metal coin is something that I found and I just treasured it for a long time. It was time to put it to use.
The feathers are also from a "pick up" from the ground whilst we were at the zoo.
The lace, I don't know the brand, cause I picked that up at a local flea market.
 
Blanco Card
 Everyone who knows me, knows I just love to work with scraps. I love to puzzle with those little snippets!
 
Take Time To.....

Another sample of playing with scraps. These were excess-corners, from a cutout circle. I glued them togehter and made it look like I had cut out an oval, just for this card. I love how it came out. The lace was died with Distress ink in Tattered Rose. After I completed my card I gave it a little extra glim, by using Iridescent Medium in random places.
 


*************************************************************
So, let's get started! Make sure to leave a comment on all of the blogs for a chance to win!!! 



You have until midnight, eastern time, 9/16 to complete the hop. Winners will be announced on the Swirlydoos Blog on 9/17. In order to qualify to win here is what you need to do:
1: Visit all of the blogs and leave a comment on each. This way we know you were there. Take your time. There are REALLY beautiful things to see along the way.
2: Before you leave each blog, look for the “special” words and write it down. 
Once you have visited all the blogs and collected all the special words, they will create a sentence. 
3: Finally, go back to the Swirlydoos blog and leave a comment letting us know how much fun you had, tell us the sentence that was created with all of the special words you collected. Can't wait to hear from you.

My special word is : Failure

The party continues over at Kim's blog. Have fun!
 
Blog Hop Order:



 


29 opmerkingen:

MiMi63 zei

Your LO with your grandson Levi was very well done.
Love your work!

li-bee-ti zei

Amazing projects! especially I love the stunning lo.

Linda Pekrul zei

Darn those customs people for holding up your kit! (They're probably playing with it!) :) What a beautiful page you did of your grandson. He is just adorable! I love the gingham ribbon with this paper! Your tags are gorgeous... each and every one! Love them!

Mellisa VanDenbark zei

Beautiful work, I'm in LOVE with those tags!!!

Kathleen White zei

This is a gorgeous kit with which to play! Lovely layout of your oh so cute grandson! The tags are so wonderfully vintage. Well done.

L. Akins zei

I hope you get your kit. Great use of the few sheets of paper you did buy. Love all the projects especially the layout!

Rae zei

Paulien, it's so great to see your lovely projects again. I love all of them- you really know how to use these papers!

Dsherm1 zei

So beautiful Pauline!!

Amy Voorthuis zei

I hate customs....I have that all the time too :-(!! Maar je hebt het erg mooi opgelost met hele mooie werkjes! Wat is Levi een schatje zeg en je layout is super mooi ook je tags & kaart is erg mooi!! Bedankt voor de inspiratie Pauline liefs Amy

cghundley zei

All of your designs
are so pretty and
love all the layers!
Carla from Utah

ginger jarnagin zei

I can't believe how big Levi has gotten!!! Great job - an without the kit. Never would have known!

Sherrenae - Sherri zei

Quite lovely projects love what you were able to do in a pinch and the grandson is a cutie pie.

luv46kdz zei

Paulien, you always make the most beautiful pieces :) What a darling pic and layout, love the tags.

Paula

Merrihew zei

Your grandson is adorable! Love the LO and the gorgeous tags and card you created! The colors in this kit are so yummy!

UTs Hobby Time zei

All the three creation are equally good. My fav are the Blaco card and tags. Love the way have used the lace.

Beatrice Lawson zei

Adorable grandson and love your tags! The one with the crystals at the bottom was such a beauty.

Buffy Esser-Burnside zei

Gorgeous projects, I love love the tags...just beautiful! thank you so much for the inspiration!

Denise Bryant zei

Awesome kit! Love your beautiful layout, tags and cards!

Leona Folkerts zei

I love your tags, and your layout with your grandson. Thanks!

Misha McClain zei

Such pretty tags!

paperpapier zei

love your take time to enjoy card...so pretty!

Heather Thompson zei

those are some beautiful tags. love this kit this month!!

Joy zei

Gorgeous tags & cards :o)

Lynne Forsythe zei

Paulien....suck LOVELY CREATION....you tags are TOTALLY AMAZING!!!

Leslie @ First Grade in the Kootenays zei

Love those tags. Thanks for the inspiration!

Peggy zei

I'm so glad to see you back & I'm so glad to see this LO featuring Levi who's just getting cuter and cuter!!!!
I love your LO with the layers of textures and trims and I love your fun with scraps and feathers!!!
I keep on looking at the gorgeous card on the bottom - I must remember to use ALL of my scraps; I just hope that I can achieve something even half as wonderful as this one!!!!

(And I hope that the kit has finally arrived - boo, hiss to customs!!!!)

Ginny Hickmott zei

Very shabby vintage, love those tags!!!

Jean Bullock zei

I love your artistic style. The scrapbook page with your grandson is fabulous and i love the tags.

Lisa Reynolds zei

Love your layout