zondag 13 maart 2011

EXCITING NEWS!!!!

I have some very EXCITING news to share with you.

I'll be Guest Designing for My Creative Scrapbook (MCS)
for the month April. whoooohooooo!!!!!!

I can't wait for the kit to arrive and getting started with it.
Hopefully it is here soon!

I wasn't much blogging lately, but I did create a few cards, which I will share today.
Also I took my window curtains down, after the cat and dog had a fight.
No one won, no one lost.... except me.
They tore down my curtains. (which I should have taken down wayyyyyy earlier)
Oh yeah... I must love my pets deeply, cause they didn't get grounded. If my girls would have ripped my curtains.... I would have grounded them!! But what to say to your pets??? uhm......

anyway.... I cut my curtains up, (which look like voile) in little petals. Run the edges through a tea light and colored some of them, using Distress inks.
I love the way they came out. Here are some of them:






pretty huh?!!! Some of them still need to have centers.

The next card I created for a very special lady. Hope it gets to her soon.
Sorry for the bad pictures... I run out of light and well....


I got this lovely spray of flowers from Angelica her Etsy shop. She makes the most gorgeous flower vines.



Then the next card I created for Kees his niece.



I first stamped these Hero arts flowers in Versa Mark on my tag and used a white embossing powder.Then I stamped my flourishes over it using Weatered Wood Distress inks. I put some stripes of glue at the left side and add an old pice of bookpaper. After it dried I carefully wettened the book paper and rubbed off the excess, which left me with this outcome.

The next card is made, using up some older stash and my scraps.


These are some very old chippies from Making Mamories. I Gesso painted them and on the negative I sprinkled glitter, on the heart I sprinkled Diamond Dust.

This flower is one of the ones I made from my curtains.

And this last card is a very simply one

I first stamped the butterfly in Versa Mark and clear embossing powder, on white cardstock. Heat set it. Then masked my butterfly and stamped over it with this old script stamp from prima, using again, Versa Mark and Clear embossing powder. After I heat set it and let it cool, I inked it up using Distress ink in Black Soot. let it dry for a minute and wipe your embossed stamping clean with a baby wipe. Stickled the edges to let it stand out a bit.
I dressed up the doily a bit using liquid pearls and stickles. The flower is one I made of my curtains.

That's it for today....
Hope you enjoy your sunday.

hugs,
Paulien

15 opmerkingen:

Jolanda zei

Super mooi allemaal weer zeg,je bloemen zijn geweldig!!!
En gefeliciteerd met je gast designerschap,gaaf!!
Fijne zondag!

Romy zei

Woohoo, wat een geweldig nieuws! Je werk is altijd supermooi en ik weet zeker dat je ook met de kit geweldige dingen zal maken. Gefeliciteerd!:)

Wauw, die bloemen.....echt super, vind ik ze! Zo creatief! En je kaartjes zijn ook fantastisch mooi!

papillon zei

congrets on being a guest designer! but that's well deserved :) you should thank your cat and dog, 'cause those flowers look awesome! and those cards... yummi!

Anita zei

Beautiful flowers Paulien, worth losing the curtains for.
I love the cards too, I'm sure that whoever receives them will be delighted.
By the way, I have finished my March tag.
Anita xx

Tracey zei

Gosh where do I start, the new blog background looks lovely hon, the cards are all stunning - isn't Angelica clever, I will have to pay her little etsy store a visit I think, I had forgotten she was making these delish little vines. I love what you did with the book paper, I have not tried that before and the flowers - well what can I say - I need to start tearing down my voile curtains lol, they are SUPERB, totally gorgeous. LOL at grounding the pets, thats never gonna happen you are too much of a softie lol, happy weekend honey - love ya xxx

Tracey zei

Oooops I cant remember whether I said congrats on the GDT, soooo CONGRATS hon - so well deserved xxx

Scrapthat zei

I don't think you need to ground your pets I think you need to Thank them and give them treats and lovin' because your flowers are AWESOME! TFS!

Luz Maria Bruna zei

Woooow my lovely friend what great news!!!! Big congrats!! I can´t wait to see what you create.Weel another thing I NEED to take a class with you those flowers are amazing!!!! and all your cards precious as always!
Enjoy your Sunday!

Anna zei

You rock girl ! A huge Congrats on being a guest designer so so well deserved :)

I love your new blog look so vintage, romantic and distressed perfect for you.

Those flowers are awesome. You are so creative !

hugs

Bonnie aka Cinnabon zei

i LOVE your flowers!!! gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!!!

Lisa zei

Oh Paulien I am so happy for you!!!! This will be such fun for you to show up your incredible talent!!! Wow those flowers are amazing and from curtains!!! Leave it to you to come up with that idea...fabulous!!! Be sure to keep us posted and I will have to check out MCS!!!! You are a softie if the pets didn't get in troule!!!!!!

Lou zei

Congratulations Paulien!! That is wonderful news!!! You do such beautiful work!! And i doo absolutely love those gorgeous flowers!:)
Lou xx

cendrillon zei

coucou
félicitations pour cette guest designers du mois d'avril!
Tes cartes sont très belles et toutes douces.
bravo
Aujourd'hui, je mets sur mon blog un tag fait avec un de tes tutos. et je voudrais te dire merci,c ar j'ai pris un réel plaisir à le faire surtout que c'était la première fois que je faisais un tag de cette façon.
Merci
bonne journée et à très bientôt
bises de france
http://le-scrap-de-cendrillon.over-blog.com/

Tracey ~ GardenOfGrace zei

Congrats on being named guest designer - it is well deserved ~ your work is just gorgeous! These flowers are an inspiration. I may have to do some playing too! Thanks for sharing!

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Susie zei

wow wow what amazing cards! and I sure wish my dog would tear up my curtains but alas I do not think I could make such gorgeous flowers from my curtains! WoW I am now going to follow your blog! YOU are AWESOME! TFS