maandag 8 juli 2013

Welcome to Swirlydoos' July Kit Reveal Blog Hop Block Party!!



 
 
 
If you came here from Swirlydoo's blog, then you are on the right track.  If not, go back to Swirlydoos' blog and start from there.  We have some amazing projects for you to see today !!  Make sure to leave a comment on all of the blogs for a chance to win!!!  Check out Swirlydoos on Facebook and Like Us!!!
And here's our beautiful July * MADAME * collection
 
 
If you want this kit, or any of the addons pay a visit to

My first page is based on this month's sketch:

Here's my take on it.

27 Weeks
 I centered the sketch a bit for my page.

and some close up's:

 In the mixed media addon we got a bottle Ferro Metallic effect color paint.
This is a beautiful textured paint, which you can use in lots of different ways.
Here, I first added my masking using regular modeling paste and when it dried I lightly dabbed some Ferro on it, with my finger, to get that aged look.

 To create the raised circle, I used the negatives from the Kaisercraft border sticker sheet.
I raised them with foam adhesives. The bling comes on a roll, (see the main kit picture) which I cut in strips, and used them single on top of my raised cirlce.

 The peach Prima flowers are my all time favorites and I couldn't use them all up on 1 page.
So I added a few flowers from my stash. However the calla's you see, I got them as a gift from my brother and SIL. (THANK YOU)
The chipboard flourish came also in the Main Kit.

The alpha stickers came in a previous Swirlydoos kit. Really... these kits are so chuck full that you always have something left to use later on.

Time is a great storyteller
I wanted to do a page with lots of negative space. I found myself keep adding stuff, but I still love the outcome.

This Dusty Attic chipboard peace is actually a border flourish. I bended it to shape, when it was a little damp from the first layer of paint. For the second layer I used the Ferro Metal Effect paint, which I painted white after it dried. I so love the texture that the Ferro added to my piece.

To add some extra interest I placed tiny dots with Diamond Stickles.

The butterfly is a metal piece (from a necklace) which I painted with Gesso. It's body is made using a stickpin that came in a previous Swirlydoos kit.

I used a sticker, from the stickersheet that comes in the Main Kit, for my title.
Cut it up, inked it and glued it in place.
The bling lace you see at the bottom of my page, comes also in the Main Kit.
The front is gold colored and the back has this awesome antique silver color.

Untitled 
This amazing diecut paper, comes also in the Main Kit. I lightened my frame, using Distress Stain in Picket Fence. The gloss lines (on the diecut paper) resist the Stain. I used several layers of the Distress Stain and when I was satisfied with the look, I sprayed the whole thing with a gold mist.

I added some extra texture by gluing down pieces of an old bookpage, which I tore up and inked the edges. Then added randomly a bit of Gesso.


I decided to back up my picture using a Ranger Manila tag, and I added some tissue tape.

The big leaves and the little twig are from the Viva Decor 3d Stampset that came in the Mixed Media addon.

Card using the Mixed Media Addon.
 The rose and it leaves are made using the Mixed Media Addon.
In this addon we got Viva Decor 3d Stamping Paint in black,
which I used for stamping the rose and leaves.
The Viva Decor 3d Rose stampset comes with 4 sizes of a rose, a leaf stamp and a twig stamp.  I stamped them on Grungepaper, using the Stamping Paint and the cut them out.
Then I took the Ferro Metal Effect Color, scooped a tiny bit out on my craftmat and mixed it with water. Then I painted the cut out rose inmages and let it air dry. This only takes a minute or 2.
Also in the Mixed Media Addon, came this amazing (and I really do mean AMAZING)
Lindy's Stampgang, Magical Mica powder, in a beautiful green tone. I mixed a little of the powder with water and painted the leaves and the little twig. I soooooooooo LOVE that sparkle.

Some of the Kaisercraft rubons that came in the Main Kit.

These pictures do not justice to the glimmer that is in the Ferro Metal Effect Paint.
It is more beautiful in RL.
 
 
 
You have until midnight, eastern time, on Wednesday 7/10 to complete the hop. Winners will be announced on the Swirlydoos Blog on Thursday 7/11.  In order to qualify to win here is what you need to do:
1: Visit all of the blogs and leave a comment on each. This way we know you were there. Become a follower if you're not already. Take your time. There are REALLY beautiful things to see along the way.
2: Before you leave each blog, look for the “special” words and write it down.
Once you have visited all the blogs and collected all the special words, they will create a sentence.
3: Finally, go back to the Swirlydoos blog and leave a comment letting us know how much fun you had, tell us the sentence that was created with all of the special words you collected.    Can't wait to hear from you.


My special word is : ALL

 
The party continues over at Andie's blog. 
 
Have fun!

26 opmerkingen:

Lisa Valentine zei

Paulien, I absolutely LOVE every little detail and layer of your gorgeous work!!

Nancy zei

Beautiful layouts!

Debbie L Gregory zei

WOW, what amazing art. I love this kit as is and you put it over the top.

Merrihew zei

Gorgeous projects, Paulien! Love how you used the Ferro. I also love how you altered the look of the die cut paper!

Patti Senter zei

Gorgeous layouts, so much detail in each one.

Kim zei

Just amazing projects. Love the one of you the best.

Buffy Esser zei

Beautiful projects!

Lisa Reynolds zei

Great job using items from the kits.

langeatheart zei

Beautiful layouts all of them! I love the vintage look to them. Well done!
All the best.
http://mybeaner.blogspot.ca/

Rae zei

DAMN! Every month, you knock it out of the park, Paulien! I love the lo of your daughter and how you used the Ferro!! Fabulous! HUGS.

Kavitha Vadhri zei

lovely layouts and thanks so much for sharing with all the details, I am your new follower.

marylouh zei

Untitled is so pretty. Looks just like an antique picture frame that you would hang on the wall. Love all of the projects.

Linda Pekrul zei

Each one is SO beautiful Paulien! Love, love, love "27 weeks"!!

Vicky Alberto zei

Sooo much beauty and terrific details - can't pick a fave layout this month - so gorgeous!

Lynn Good zei

WOW. Gorgeous layouts. So many layers and details. Love them all

Sarah Lynch zei

So many fabulous projects to see! I love the layout with the negative space!

L. Akins zei

Gorgeous layouts! I love all the details in your projects

ginger jarnagin zei

My first blot hop. First post. What a way to start how beautiful.

Patti Katai zei

Love all of your projects...I especially liked the "Untitled" page where you changed the color of the paper by using the distress paint. I am going to try that as soon as I'm done with the blog hop!
Hugs...

Kimberly zei

Gorgeous pages. I see the first ==page and I am drooling over it, and then I see the next ones, and I keep on drooling! I love what you did with this kit! Thanks for the close ups!

Stephanie zei

Paulien I love the layouts and card and I'm thinking I may have to put that Ferro on my wish list!

Þórunn zei

Stunning layouts!!

Shelley Schubert zei

Beautiful projects, Paulien... You do amazing work!

Shelley

Christine Kiehl zei

Beautiful collection of pages.

Dorothy zei

What fantastic works of art!!!

artjunkie2 zei

Beautiful layouts!!