woensdag 5 februari 2014

Welcome to Swirlydoos' February Kit Reveal Blog Hop Block Party!!

 
 
 
 
 
If you came here from Lena's blog, then you are on the right track.
If not, go back to Swirlydoos' blog and start from there.
We have some amazing projects for you to see today !!
Make sure to leave a comment on all of the blogs for a chance to win!!!
Check out Swirlydoos on Facebook and Like Us!!!

Are you a subscriber? If so, your kit is on it's way! If not, check out the Swirlydoos store to see if there are any February kits or add ons in the store!

******************
Swirlydoos is proud to bring you our beautiful February collection:
Lady Belle

 And check out these coordinating add ons that perfectly compliment our February scrapbook kit!

Has it sold out? - become a subscriber and not only will you never miss a kit again, but you'll also pay less for your monthly scrapbook kits!
*Mention this blog hop and save 10% on your first kit* 

CLICK HERE 
 
*************************************************
My first project I'd like to share with you is based on this month's sketch, which is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!
And here's my take on it.

You are sooooo loved!!!
This little baby, is my sweet little grandson, the day after he was born.
It is his momma's birthday today, so here's a shout out to my daughter:
Happy Birthday Sweetheart. Have a fabulous day and enjoy your family and gifts! I love you!!!!!
Back to my page....... 
I used a lot of the Viva Decor Metal Effect Paint, that came in the mediums add-on. I love the color and the shimmer it has. I brushed some of it on my BG, stenciled with it and even used the protection lid, to stamp circles onto my paper. I also, brushed on some Metal Effect paint on the Prima clear stamp, that came in the Main Kit, and stamped randomly all over my page.
The Chickenwire.... YES, THAT COMES IN THE MAIN KIT!!! Isn't that  AWESOME??!!!
I just LOVE it!!

Book Mark
This Shabby book mark was done in no-time, and would make an awesome gift, to someone who loves to read. 
I took 2 pictures of it, basicly to show what difference it makes, if you use a light or dark background when you take pictures.
The black, really brings the colors to life.

Altered Clipboard
I had this clipboard laying around for a long time, and this GORGEOUS kit, was the perfect fit to use it. I first gave it a layer of Gesso and then painted it white using acrylic paint. I selected my papers and molded (can you say that?) the chickenwire to fit.
 I so love these shabby papers by Maja Design.
 The flowers that came in the Main Kit, are so beautiful, but the petals are pretty much curled up. To, slightly, flatten the petals,
I sprayed them with a spritz of water and then when they were still moist (not wet!!!) I stacked them together and secured with hot glue. The wood icon clock, is from a previous Swirlydoos Kit. Krissy ALWAYS put so many gorgeousness in our kits that we have left over pieces, which of course are great for later use.
 I added Gesso in random spots.
The film strip ribbon came also from a previous Swirlydoos Kit.

Change your thoughts
 This kit was sooooooooo easy to design with. I had to pull myself away from it, cause I would have go on and on. This card was put together like in 10-15 minutes, and I really love how it turned out.
I'll do a step by step photo tutorial on it, which you can find on the
Swirlydoos Blog on February 15th.
 
And lastly, another card:
Everybody knows that I love my scraps. All these left over pieces can make the most wonderful cards. And I'm not lying to you, when I say that this card took me less then 10 minutes.
I might do a tutorial on this card also, just because it was such a quick one to make. And it is good thing to have some cards ready and on hand right?!!
 
***************************************
You have until midnight, eastern time, on Thursday 2/6 to complete the hop. Winners will be announced on the Swirlydoos Blog on Friday 2/7.
In order to qualify to win here is what you need to do:
1: Visit all of the blogs and leave a comment on each. This way we know you were there.
Take your time. There are REALLY beautiful things to see along the way.
2: Before you leave each blog, look for the “special” words and write it down.
Once you have visited all the blogs and collected all the special words, they will create a sentence.
3: Finally, go back to the Swirlydoos blog and leave a comment letting us know how much fun you had, tell us the sentence that was created with all of the special words you collected.
Can't wait to hear from you.


My special word is : A


The party continues over at Die-namites's blog.
Have fun!
 
 
 


71 opmerkingen:

Merrihew zei

You make the most beautiful cards, Paulien! Love all that you did with this kit!

Tiffany zei

Stunning. Big hugs

Kim zei

Gorgeous. Love the clipboard.

Leona Folkerts zei

awesome, awesome, awesome, thanks!

Kathleen White zei

Love your art pieces! So lovely.

Dee in N.H. zei

Wow, wow and more WOW! I love your projects! Especially the one with your sweet grandbaby!

ionabunny zei

So fantastic. I can't believe how fast you created some of these gorgeous projects. Such wonderful loveliness

langeatheart zei

Your projects are gorgeous! So much work and detail! It is my daughter's Birthday today as well! Mine is 29! Wow time flies. I also have a new grandson! Aren't we lucky to have so much beauty to scrap! All the best! :) http://mybeaner.blogspot.ca/

Barbara J. zei

love my scraps, so much beauty from small things left in a jar

Ulrika aka LillBlomman zei

So much beauty! I really like how you cut out smaller pieces of the Chicken wire! Hugs!

Sandydee zei

All I can say is WOW! Love your work. Very talented.

butterfly zei

Wonderful layout with your adorable grandson - I love the simple twine circle framing the photo - and your other projects are stunning too. Thanks for so much inspiration.
Alison x

Debbie L Gregory zei

Wow, so many different beautiful projects made from one kit. And your grandson is just so precious. They are such a joy.

Cherene zei

Love all the gorgeous projects you made using Maja paper. I'm addicted to it, sometime a little reluctant to cut it. Thanks for sharing

Maria Harms zei

I am loving that book mark and the altered clipboard. Just gorgeous!

Suzie West zei

Love your cards and love the clip board - really inspiring!

Suzie West zei

Thank you for sharing your beautiful projects - you're so talented and inspiring!

Tracey Gregory zei

Your cards are amazing!

Sheri zei

Spectacular work!

Jette W zei

Thank you for sharing your beautiful projects
Very talented :)

Beatrice Lawson zei

Loved the bookmark, so beautiful, and the clipboard was gorgeous!

Janis zei

Wow.....those cards made from scraps are sensational!!! Everything is just gorgeous!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com

L. Akins zei

Lovely projects.. I enjoyed seeing your creations from this kit

Andiepants zei

Paulien your cards are phenomenal as normal lady. So much shabby goodness!! Wonderful work dear.

L. Akins zei

Beautiful projects!! I truly love seeing your work

Amante del Papel zei

Paulin, your cards are so beautifuls, love them!

Lainie Michel zei

Beautiful projects...I love the clipboard and how the film strip is slightly off the project...also, I can't wait to see the tutorial(s) on the gorgeous cards!

Peggy zei

I can't wait for that card tutorial and I think I'm going to try to find a clipboard; that is such a great idea!!!!
But I must confess that my favorite of all of your projects this month is you layout with the beautiful layers and details, all perfect for this precious photo of your DGS!!!!

Kelly zei

I LOVE your altered clipboard, thanks for sharing!

ginger jarnagin zei

OK - You have so many project and they ALL are great. Love the clipboard. And the picture of your grandbaby too cute for words how he is sucking his little finger. Happy birthday to your daughter. Really love your cards, I too keep my scraps, I always use them in my cards.

Sherrenae - Sherri zei

Gorgeous, your work has given me ideas I can't wait to try.

Linda Pekrul zei

Oh my goodness Paulien! Love every single thing you did with this kit ... the layout of your grandson is beyond adorable!

Sue Kendrick zei

Paulien, You just amaze me every month. The things you create from the kits are so beautiful. Thanks so much for being part of Swirlydoos and sharing your creations with us.

scrappygal zei

Beautiful projects but especially loved the clipboard!!

Scrappy Kapers zei

lots of wow here

Phi zei

Your projects are just gorgeous Paulien. Loving the sentiments and your use of the Maja papers.

Debbie L. zei

Your projects are always so pretty...Love your art work and creative spirit.

Brandi Matos zei

Beautiful work!!! TFS :-)

Buffy Esser-Burnside zei

wow just gorgeous!

Stephanie zei

Gorgeous projects Paulien, you always come up with such amazing cards and your layout of your grandson is perfect!

Lisa Davis zei

thank you for showing such beautiful pieces of art from this kit

Kimberly zei

Your projects are gorgeous! I love the cute page of your new grandson, and your bookmark is beautiful! Your clipboard is so pretty!

Kelly Harms zei

I really love all your projects - really beautiful composition to your work.

Sonja zei

Gorgeous projects!

Zara zei

What are wonderfull projects! Especially I like bookmark!

Zara zei

What w wonderfull projects! Especially I like a bookmark! Thank you!

Joy zei

So pretty!! Loving that Chicken Wire!!!! :o)

Sarah Lynch zei

Wow, what an amazing amount of beautiful creations! Love how you used the special effect paste on the layout, your GS in gorgeous, congrats!

Heather Thompson zei

Happy Birthday to your daughter and your grandson is just precious. Such beautiful layouts and cards, thank you so much for sharing layout pictures and family

MZule zei

You are the queen of beautiful cards!

Monica zei

Fab projects, Paulien! Love the bookmark and the clipboard! Definitely CASEing those. :)

Teresa zei

love your projects.

cghundley zei

Your creations are
so lovely and the
use of the chicken
wire and gesso
really add to them.
Carla from Utah

Malin/Majamelon zei

Amazing creations! Just lovely :)

Hugs
Malin

barbara macaskill zei

STUNNING! Love your layout and your bookmark is so pretty! The clipboard has my heart though!! It is just delicious! So much depth and texture and the butterfly is delightful!! Thank you for sharing your gorgeous creations with me!!

Lisanne zei

What a lovely project you've made.

Hugs Lisanne from Holland

T Young zei

Lovely projects. Thank you for sharing!

Beachsidelynn zei

Love the layouts and the clip board is a WOW.

paperfusion zei

Love your unexpected use of the chicken wire, so different for a baby layout, and made into a pocket on your clip board! Your cards are beautiful too! tfs!

Gerry zei

Beautiful layout and the clip board is very nice.

Karenladd zei

Your projects are all gorgeous! I love how you used the mesh and tulle to add dimension without weight!

SHartl zei

Your layout and clipboard are beautiful! I love how you used that chicken wire and the elements to highlight your photo!

Amy Voorthuis zei

Wow Paulien, wat een mooi creaties weer met deze fantastische kit!! Allemaal weer erg unique en super leuk om naar te kijken!! Ik zag de kaartjes gisteren al op scrapbook.com en zag gelijk dat het jou werk is dat vind ik zo leuk! Alvast een fijn weekend groetjes Amy ;-)

Lisa Reynolds zei

As always beautiful projects,your cards are always fantastic.

Lynne zei

Love your projects. Especially love how you used for cards also.

Robin B. zei

What a beautiful altered clipboard! I love the embellishments and colors, thanks for sharing.

Jean Bullock zei

The baby layout is so precious. I love the bookmarks. Wonderful projects.

arlsmom aka Lynda zei

seriously your projects are amazing!!!

grammypat zei

What a very precious little grandson you have--Congratulations. Tha page with him in it is fantastic, and your ladylike dainty bookmark would be so nice for my friends. Wow did you ever class up the clipboard-- very nice.

Belladonna zei

I love this wonderful colour palette!

Zeynep Toraman zei

Dear Paulien,your all projects are very beautiful.I'd like to see much more posts from you.Hugs from Turkey.