I almost forgot how to write up a blog post! lol
Well anyway.... I will start with the most important thing:
Swirlydoos is having a Education Team Call
Click HERE to go right to the post.
Today I'm gonna share my first few projects I made with
Swirlydoos, February, *Upon a Time* kit.
Which we have a few more left in the Swirlydoos Boutique
(I love how shabby that sounds)
We got a WHOLE, Graphic 45 - A place in time, paperpad in the Mainkit.
That means 26 Beautiful double sided papers. WOW!!
My kit came in late (bummer!) so I couldn't participate in our monthly reveal blog hop.
But, here's what I did with this kit.
First up is my Birthday Calender. It is a 19 x 19 inch canvas, which I flipped to work on the backside.
I cut up the calender sheet and made them into little segments.
(this will be more clarified in the pictures below)
I primed my canvas with Gesso first and then I painted the border with Distress Paint in Spun Sugar.
I then dry-brushed it with some Lumin'Art Silks acrylic glaze paint, in honey which also came in the Main kit.
On the inside of the canvas, I first covered it up with cardboard, to make it sturdy. Gesso-ed it and then used masks and mists and Distress Paints, to create a subtile background.
This Prima resin, came in an earlier Swirlydoos kit.
These darling dangles are actually stickpins made by Petaloo. I cut them into the desired lenght and transformed them into danglings.
This border strip was made out of aluminium foil tape. This technique tutorial was provided by our ET member Miranda Edney, for Swirlydoos UDC contest.
This little guy, I found last year when we were on our Summer Holiday.
These doilies are soooooo glimmery!!!! in real life..
Too bad that doesn't show up in the pictures.
Oh yeah... when I look at this picture... I can still feel the cramped fingers. LOL
I cut these out, using my exacto knife.
The flat back pearls.... I painted them. How? I stick them, onto self-adhesive aluminium foil tape, (cause they were moving around and hard to paint) then added 1thin layer of gesso, (dries up pretty fast) next, I squeezed a little liquid pearls out and got that on using a soft paintbrush.
I made that little heart out of Martha Stewart foam clay and aged it, using Distress Metallic stains.
Here's what I talked about earlier. This is forming the front of my little segment.
Here's it folded out. I opened up the front flap for you to see how it hangs on the horizontal strip in the picture below.
Onto the texture
I added molding paste with my palet knife to the sides of my canvas. This is the top vieuw. For the top I used a stamp and pressed it into the molding paste to create the texture.
This is the top right side, where I used a Prima Marketing stencil to create that image.
When the molding paste was dry, I rubbed Distress Paint in Spun Sugar over it, then again I dry-brushed it with silks acrylic paint (honey) and spritzed a home made dark grey mist on it.
And lastly the left side bottom corner.
As for what glue I used for this project....... Beacon 3 in 1 Craft Glue.
My numer 1 adhesive. It glues (almost) everything. Love it!!!!
Also, I have these 2 cards to share, for now.
I am still working with my kit, cause WOW.... It was JAM PACKED!!!!!
Krissy always provides us with the Hottest and Newest products.
Check out the Education Team Call.... It is really an honor to work with these
Swirlydoos, Monthly Technique kits!