zondag 9 september 2012

Good sunday morning

 
To everyone!
 
It seems like today will be a super gorgeous day.
The sun is already shining so... we better
take advantage of it and enjoy the day.
 
I promissed, earlier this week, that I would share the how to's
for my Swirlydoos reveal projects, So let's do that.
 
 
For my sketch page: The PP's are Prima Marketing's Romance Novel. This line is so so Super Gorgeous!!!!!!
 I used wallet size pictures, on which I all, distressed and inked the edges.
The cotton doilies were found at a local flea market while we were on our summer vacation.
The white scrolls are made from Martha Stewart Craft Clay. This was a Swirlydoos Project Add On kit. (July 2012) The metal flourish, I found this in a garden center and thought that it was a great decoration piece. All the flowers came in the kit, accept the pink paper one at the top and the light pink one at the bottom. This one came in an earlier Swirlydoos kit.  Those gorgeous Clockhands however came in the September Main kit and ohhhh I just LOVE them. Also the Prima Say it in Pearls and Crystals came in this kit. On the right side of my page I used a few layers of lace. The dark grey one, was originally taupe colored. I spritzed it with a mix of, Black Soot Distress reinker and water. The title was stamped on an old bookpage using Black Soot Distress Ink. The stamps came in an earlier Swirlydoos Main Kit and are by: Creative Imaginations. (Love those stamps) They come in upper and lower case, all in one package.  So awesome.
 
Onto my next project. "You are an angel" card
 
 
For this card I used the Prima Marketing's - Romance Novel, Harlequin & Emotion papers.
I glued the center of my first layer of PP down, glued a wide strip of tulle underneath, (which I colored in a cup of coffee) and tore a page from an old book. Distressed and inked all the edges. I used Ingvild Bolme's Distressing-tool and Gathered Twigs Distress Ink for this.
I cut down a Prima Note Card, which came in the Main Kit, and tucked it in at the top of my card.
Then I cut a tag from the Harlequin papers, got it pretty distressed and glued it in place. I made a bow in my tule and pulled it a litte to the right side. I knew that I wanted to use this lovely, Prima Marketing, Resin Cherub with bird, (this came in the Swirlydoos Embellishment Add On)
so I glued it down on my tag. Glue a little feather behind it.
The Prima Marketing's - Antique Key's also came in the Embellishment Add On kit and I took 1 of them and stiched it down to the note card.
The flower is from an older Swirlydoos kit.

Romantic card:


The base of this card is a very dark brown cardstock, which got pretty much hit with Ingvild Bolme's Distress-tool. I used a few layers of old bookpages, distressed and inked their edges.
I cut the pink note card form the Romance Novel - Bookplate PP and cut it in 2 parts, cause I wanted it to stick out at the top and bottom. Then I cut a wide strip of tulle (colored in coffee) and glued this down using my hot glue gun. I took this (scrap of) Emotion paper and glue a piece of it behind that BEAUTIFUL!!!!  Prima Marketing - Resin La Coeur Frame. Which came in the Swirlydoos September Main Kit. Can you believe it??? This kit really REALLY is my all time Favorite one.
 I hand made my flower and glued it on top of the tulle. Glued some twigs with it too.
I took one of the Prima Marketing,  Metal Trinkets - Rusty Typo Zipper Pulls
and glued it right under my flower. I used Beacon's 3 in 1 Craft Glue for that.
All was left to do, was hit the edges of my base card with some Gesso and Iridescent Medium.

The last project I shared with you on Swirlydoos Blog Hop was the
Shabby Chic Mantel Clock.



This project was made with love. The love for,  the Prima Marketing Romance Novel line.
Sadly I can not share the How To's with you on this project, cause we decieded to make this a
Special - Swirlydoos - Tutorial,  for our subscribers.

But...... I do can share another page with you


This page has so many layers, that I had to let it dry overnight. lol
I first started out with Romance Novel - Harlequin paper and to distress the background I took my roll of double sided adhesive, sticked it down to the paper and then pulled it off of there. I repeatedly did that, till my middlest section had exposed all the white fibers in the paper. Then I took Gesso and a palette knife and smeared it over my background. I added a wide strip of lace and then I teared a few paper napkins, which I placed over the wet Gesso and grumbled it up a little till I was happy with how it looked. I dabbed some Gesso over the center part of the napkins, to stick it in place. This had to dry overnight tho.
It was looking like this:

I already had picked out some of the beautiful note cards that I wanted to use on my page.
And I died a wide strip of tulle in a cup of coffee.
Onto the details of this page.


The flowers in the top left corner came in an earlier Swirlydoos kit. The scrolls and bird are made from Martha Stewart Craft Clay. Glued them down using Beacon's 3 in 1 Craft Glue. I dabbed the scrolls and bird a little, with Gathered Twigs Distress ink. The leaves are handcut from an old piece of fabric and colored with Peeled Paint Distress Ink.
I distressed the edges of my picture and added some Gesso to the sides of my photo.


I took some of the Prima Marketing Clockhands and dabbed them with Gathered Twigs Distress ink.
I wanted to raise them off of my page so I use a Prima Marketing bottle cap, underneath them.

 
My title was made out of the labels that are on the Romance Novel Bookplate paper.


I layered them on top of eachother


This frame was made with Martha Stewart Craft Clay. On top of the frame I glued a
Prima Marketing -Resin heart, that came with the La Coeur frame.
Finally I glued one of the zipper pulls, from the Embellishment Add On, right under the heart resin. All got dabbed with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.

I hope that you liked my projects and that you picked up an idea or two.

Have a lovely day!!!!
Hugs,
Paulien

 

 

1 opmerking:

Lisa zei

These are just beautiful Paulien!!! Your work is amazing!!!