donderdag 5 juli 2012

Welcome to Swirlydoos' July Kit Reveal

Blog Hop Block Party!!

If you came here from  Rae's  blog, then you are on the right track. If not, go back to Swirlydoos' blog and start from there. We have some amazing projects for you to see today !!

***************************************

Warning........ Photo heavy post!!!!

****************************

Swirlydoos presents:  The Paper Doll kit.


Look at all this GORGEOUSNESS!!!!!!
In every monthly kit, is a sketch included. Made by our very talented Beggahuna
and this is the sketch that will come in your July kit.


Such a GORGEOUS sketch!!!!
and here's my take on it.


and some close up's




This Dusty Attic chipboard piece was first painted with white acrylic paint.
Then,  (I had to put up my glasses for this part)  I carefully added the detailing
with white Puffy Paint, let it set for half an hour and then heated it with my heat tool.


I added some Glossy Accents, *for water* and let it drip down the pot.
After it dried I rubbed some Diamond Stickles over it, and when it all dried enough, I very gently rubbed on some Distress ink (gathered twigs) using my finger.


Here you can see how I used the mosaic tiles that came in the ***Bling Add-On***
I cut a few of them in half or even smaller.  I used my Tim Holtz scissor to do so.
After I glued them in place I added Glossy Accents to them, to make it look like a puddle of water. When the Glossy Accents had dried I dabbed some Diamond Stickles over it.


I also added this cute little baby rose to the bottom of the fountain.


this super small birdie, it's a wooden embellie by Make Me (not in the kit) which I covered with white Puffy Paint. I thought it was too cute, not to share.

And here's my second project.


This picture was taken 22 years ago, on our wedding day.
I wanted to add dimension to this page so I mounted the top, using cardboard, underneath my
fussy-cut top corner.  I glued the tule in between.
here are some close up's:





Love this cute little butterfly by Petaloo!

 I thought that this fussy-cut corner, blend in beautifully, with the florals in the background of my picture.


I added a layer of Gesso to my background and while it was still wet I pleated some tule, sticked it down with another blob of Gesso.
***TIP***
When you let your Gesso air dry (a minute or 10) before using it, it is much sturdier (is that a word?)
which makes it easier to handle.



After the Gesso dried completely I dabbed some Diamond Stickles over the background for extra glimmer.



This month it is my turn to do the Anatomy of a layout, and here's what I have in store for you guys:


 And some close up's:










You can find a step by step photo tutorial for this page,  right HERE.

And this is my last project for the first reveal:



I hope you enjoyed my projects and picked up some idea's.

******************************************

You have until midnight, eastern time, on Monday, July 9th to complete the hop. Winners will be announced on the Swirlydoos Blog on July 10th. In order to qualify to win here is what you need to do:
1: Visit all of the blogs and leave a comment on each. This way we know you were there. Become a follower if you're not already. Take your time. There are REALLY beautiful things to see along the way.
2: Before you leave each blog, look for the “special” words and write it down.
Once you have visited all the blogs and collected all the special words, they will create a QUESTION.
3: Finally, go back to the Swirlydoos blog and leave a comment letting us know how much fun you had, tell us the QUESTION that was created with all of the special words you collected, and THEN ANSWER it!! Can't wait to hear from you.


My special word is : ONE

The party continues over at Pion Design's blog. Have fun!

94 opmerkingen:

Lisa zei

Gorgeous work as always!!!!! Love all of the mixed media and fussy cutting.

T Young zei

Stunning pages. I especially love the way you did the fountain details on the first page. Thank you for sharing the step by step!

Cynthialoowho♥ zei

Beautiful layouts, I love the chip pieces and bling♥

julie e zei

what great projects

julie e zei

beautiful projects

zandra zei

I've been a follower of yours for quite some time now. I love your work and these layouts are gorgeous. Love all the textures you use!
Hugz, Z

Sherrie zei

Beautiful work! I especially love the Our Day layout with the fussy cutting and all the dimension - and how beautiful to use the tulle.

scrappygal zei

Stunning!!!! I love what you've done with the gesso on both pages!! You are so creative!!

Kathi zei

Goregeous work Paulien, I love how you did the fountain

Pascale B. zei

These layouts are gorgeous!! Can't wait to see your step-by-step layout.

Beth zei

What beautiful layouts. I love your use of Gesso, still learing how to play with that stuff! Love all the flower work. Wonderful!

Debbie zei

Paulien, Just so breathtaking with beauty... Love your water fountain it actually looks like the water is overflowing...

Merrihew zei

Your projects are all stunning, Paulien! I love how you made the water on your fountain! You always have such unique techniques!

Kim zei

Gorgeous projects. Love your anatomy layout.

detra zei

Amazing layouts!

Regina aka Mrs. Ham zei

Fabulous layout, as usual, Paulien.

CorinaT zei

Gorgeous layouts....I LOVE all the bling that you put on your pages - you can never have too many flowers or too much bling!!!

Courtney V zei

You are so so talented...I am loving the layers with the tulle underneath...just beautiful..Your details on the fountain are breathtaking. Thank you for the inspiration!

Vicky Alberto zei

Such gorgeous and completely elegant projects!

kantig34 zei

You've outdone yourself, Paulien! These pages are spectacular. Can't wait to do the anatomy of a layout design! Thank you!

Tracie zei

So beautiful! I love what you did with the fountain...so creative! Thanks for the tips and inspiration!

langeatheart zei

I love your take on the sketch it's gorgeous and all your layouts are so bright and airy just gorgeous! TFS!

Maureen Hayes zei

I never fail to be amazed at your creativity! All of these projects are beautiful works of art. You can see the care you took with each detail, that fountain is gorgeous! I LOVE them all.

Bonnie zei

I absolutely love the way you 'decorated' the bird bath on the layout of your daughter - stunning! TFS, Bonnie :-)

Jackie Clark (aka Jax) zei

Wonderful LOs, Paulien! I love the way you've altered the fountains and all your fussy cutting. Can't wait to check out the Anatomy of A Layout!

Niesia zei

Paulien, I love what you've done with chippies. "Our day" page is so beautiful and serene.

Serene zei

What wonderful techniques you employed here. That detail on the fountain is fabulous. Great projects, simply stunning!

Linda Pekrul zei

Oh my gosh ... LOVE all your layers and stunning details. The puffy paint water fountain is GORGEOUS!!!

Jo zei

Gorgeous layouts.

MZule zei

Beautiful Paulien, your intricate details on your pages are amazing! Thank you for sharing your steps! Great job!

Sherrenae - Sherri zei

Great work with the DA - well just overall.

Nicole Doiron zei

These are all absolutely gorgeous! So many lovely details and so romantic! TFS

Sharon zei

Great attention to details. Beautiful projects!

Romy zei

Wow, stunning work with this kit, Paulien! I love everything you created, but that wedding page especially caught my attention. It's simply breathtaking!

L. Akins zei

Beautiful layouts! I love the details

Stephanie zei

Paulien your layouts are so gorgeous and I just love that DA fountain chippie and how you've added to it!

Cherished zei

Paulien thanks for sharing all the pics. you have Gorgeous work

Rae zei

Oh my, Paulien! Every small detail is amazing! I could stare at these layouts for HOURS! Divine!

grammypame zei

so glad I found your blog! I love your work!!!! thanks for sharing and I love all the pics!!!
hugz
Pam Allen

Kimberly zei

Your projects are beautiful Paulien!!! Thanks for all the details and the close pictures!!!

seau zei

Wow is all I can say at the moment. I love the colors and the way you used the elements to set off your pictures. Great Job!TFS.

Giovana zei

Beautiful layouts!

Giovana zei

Beautiful layouts!

Maria zei

Love what you did with the DA birdbath, i especially liked the pearls at the top, representing water spray. Fantastic idea. Can't wait to get my kit and use the sketch and follow your anatomy of a layout tutorial.

recollectionalley zei

Your layouts are absolutely beautiful!
Spectacular work!

Janea

Norma Gomez zei

You did an amazing job with so many beautiful details. I'm a new follower :D

fusiafscrapping zei

Wow, your layout is stunning! You did a fabulous job!

Lisa zei

Always Love your work girl!!! Beautiful!

Jackie zei

I don't think my first post made it!
I love your layouts and the attention you give to detail!

Dee zei

What a wonderfull lay-outs! I love the sketch, it's so pretty! Thank you for sharing!

Dee zei

O, I forgot to mention; I became a follower of this blog.

Maryleen zei

This is just STUNNING love the sketch and the end result thanks for sharing!

eleele zei

so perfectly done. so many details eou worked on. love it

Lynne Forsythe zei

mwhahaha......First you CRACK ME UP with your little disclaimer......then you BLOW ME AWAY with your creative detail!!! Jaw Droppin!!

caroleanne zei

wow I have never visited here before, have become a follower as I would love to come and visit again. Your work is amazing, so pretty, I love all the flowers. This kit looks amazing, and so is your work. BFN

Manda_K zei

Love it all!!!

Lana Vassallo zei

I love the gesso and mesh layering! great work!

Bonnie in SC zei

oops, i commented on the wrong day. I love all the layers, there is so much to look at and enjoy.

Monika Lima zei

Loved your layouts! Nice effect with the gesso and the tule, and thanks for the tips

Jean zei

There is so much inspiration in this one post!!! Amazing! Thank you!

Silvia Mendoza zei

Stunning lo. They are so beautiful and elegant. You did a great job with this kit.

jaclee zei

Oh so pretty! love all of the mixed media textures and the layering with fussy cutting....gorgeous.

Maureen Chandler zei

Gorgeous pages - thank you so very much!

Debbie Y. zei

Such wonderful ideas you have! I love the fountain and how you did the pearls and the water. So talented...and thanks for sharing with us.

Angelica zei

Paulien, your pages always have me in awe!! Your attention to detail is fantastic!

Elisabeth zei

Ohhh, you took this to another dimension. I looooove the soft pinks and sweet details. Thanks for sharing!

Kathy zei

It is never too late to live Happily Ever After. I sure hope that is true -- what a beautiful thought. I was noticing the wedding pictures and realizing we would have been married 38 years this year. Sure miss my best friend but have happy memories these pages are bringing out. TY

Dee in N.H. zei

Wow.....just stunning!!

Janniche Drivdal Eriksen zei

Hello!
You have so many beautiful detaljs
hugs janniche

aisubeke zei

Wow, I love the details! You've given me several ideas! :)

nanatam zei

Wow! very pretty work! I love the use of tulle and gesso! Will try this! TFS!

Jerzey Girl zei

Your work is so beautiful...I really loved your Remember When LO. Your work is breath taking

Paula zei

I am just amazed at your creation! This has to be the most talented group of designers I've seen anywhere, here at Swirlydoo! WOW!!

leon santiago zei

it's really good materials and designs.... need to have nne

leon santiago zei

designs are really lovely.... got to have one!

leon santiago zei

can stop adoring all the layouts

Dara Lynn zei

Paulien!!! Exquisite pages girlie!!!! Looove all the detail to the 1st page with the fountain and mosaic tiles!!!!

mommyx2 zei

Gorgeous layouts!!!

Tina in Texas zei

So gorgeous and creative.

Rebecca Beattie zei

Such beautiful work. Just love you staying so true to the sketch!!

Sally zei

stunning work.

piedra preciosa zei

Great work! I love fountain! Alot work you put on it. LOVE IT

Lisa's Creative Niche zei

Wow! These pages are beautiful!!! I love your take on that sketch and all of the pictures... I also love the use of the jewels on your pages, beautiful!
Lisa

Hanne zei

Wow! You have so many gorgeous details on your pages. Love it!

angelwhispers zei

My word what attention to detail and I just adore the water feature your detail is just fabulous so inspirational! Chanelle xx

Rea' zei

Beautiful projects. love your details on the "sketch" layout, such amazing details (water, bird, the bling) my goodness !!!

Hera zei

Your art is so romantic! Your blog is a great source of inspiration... thank you!
Kisses
Hera Sugitani

Holly zei

Absolutely gorgeous! I love all the close ups!

Amy zei

OMG Paulien, love your lo's very much and that weddingdress looks amazing on you! Love the way you used the gesso! You work inspires me thanks for sharing hugs Amy :)

Lillian Child zei

Each and every one of these projects is absolutely STUNNING. So much attention to detail and color combination. FABULOUS!

ingrid zei

gorgeous work as always Paulien! love all the little beautiful details! hugs, Ingrid xxx

Donna in Louisiana zei

Beautiful projects. Thanks for sharing

Emily zei

Oh my, so many great details. I love the mosaic tiles and the layering with the tuille. Lovely style.

Jodie zei

Stunning layouts. So much attention to the deals.