zondag 15 juli 2012

Creative Hobby Groups.

Good Sunday morning!!
Today I want to share some projects I made for CHG.
They send me some gorgeous stuff to create with.
First up is a tag on which I will explain how I did the background.


First I cut my tag and bookplate using Tim Holtz Die Tag & Bookplates
I used cArt-Us white cardstock for the base of my tag.
Then I made my own stencil, by using the smallest scalloped die,
from this awesome cArt-Us scalloped square die set:


And here's my home made stencil.


I simply placed the little, square die, over and over again and run it through the Vagabond. I know it isn't perfect, but I like it anyway.
So I placed this stencil over my tag and sprayed it with Rangers Perfect Pearl Mist in kiwi, and dried it with my heat gun.


 For the top of my tag: I adorned it with some ribbons - crochetted flower -
Prima Marketing mini roses and some Ranger Diamond Stickles.


This GORGEOUS paper is from the cArt-Us paperpad Roses.  So sweet!
I glued the lace and pearls down using Beacon's 3 in 1 Craft Glue.
The bookplate was treated with Tulip white Puffy Paint and some
Iridescent Medium by Windsor & Newton.
To highlight the sentiment spot, I used some Gesso.

The next card was a real quicky!


I always like to have a few cards on hand, so I used a sentiment that can be handy at all times.
The base of my card was cut form cArt-Us white cardstock, as well as the distressed piece behind
 my center piece of paper. The papers are from the cArt-Us paperpad Roses.


I added some flat back pearls which I got over HERE
using Beacon's 3 in 1 Craft Glue.
I also placed some ribbon and eye-lashes trim along the sides.


I added a crochetted flower and hand made leaves.


This is how I created the center piece:
I cut out an oval shape using my craft knife. Then I wettened the paper and let it sit for 15 seconds.
The paper was now ready for shaping. I rolled and pinched the edges, until I was happy with the design. I then heat set it, using my heat gun.

and here's the last project for today:


I saved this plastic bottle for a while now and thought that it would be a great item to make a cute project. So..... save the trash ladies!!!! lol

I sanded the bottom part for a frosted look. Added 4 pieces of PP from the
cArt-Us paperpad Country Rose.
I punched some holes at the sides of each piece of paper and laced them together.


This little frame is originally a silver plastic frame.
I added white Gesso to it, and I covered the sides with Tulip white Puffy Paint.


On the lid I glued some pretty lace, using Beacon's 3 in 1 Craft Glue.
The little yellow roses are from Papermania, and the tiny leaves are from a faux plant.


The top of the lid was completely covered with lace. (cut in 3 pieces)
and adorned with some flowers and bling.

I hope you like these projects and picked up some idea's.
Ask your LSS for these products, cause they are so fun to work with.

I hope you all have a lovely sunday, and maybe you can get yourself some *creative* time.

hugs,
Paulien

4 opmerkingen:

Marti McClure zei

Paulien, Your tag is so gorgeous, as is the bottle. I love that you always give us plenty of instructions on how to make our own. Thanks for the inspiration! ~Marti

Romy zei

Wat een prachtige dingen heb je gemaakt! Ik vind vooral de eerste tag supermooi. Echt een geweldig idee om met die mal een stencil te maken - het resultaat is verbluffend.

joyce zei

These are just exquisite Paulien. They're so feminine and pretty.

Theresa zei

Oh so clever how you made your template. Another way to use my dies. Thanks as always for the inspiration