vrijdag 8 juni 2012

Reveal day @ SWIRLYDOOS!!!

Welcome to Swirlydoos' June Kit Reveal Blog Hop Block Party!!


If you came here from Tiffany's blog, then you are on the right track. If not, go back to Swirlydoos' blog and start from there. We have some amazing projects for you to see today and as a bonus we have a very special guest joining in the fun and offering a prize!!
**********************************************************************************
Swirlydoos
June kit
*Antiquities*



I tell ya, this kit is just soooooo
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

My first page is based on this month's sketch:


And here's my take on it:


For this page, I stepped out of my comfort zone (Shabby Chic)
because that wouldn't fit this picture.
this is my DH, acting Goofy....
Love his Blue eyes!!!!!!!


These Bo Bunny stickers, came in the kit. I thought this one would be perfect to go as part of my title, which say's:
A Father is someone you look up to, No matter how tall you are,
Hm Hm ....... Totally!!!!
(hence to the picture)

I attached this sticker to a giant mouse trap, (rat trap actually)
which I first painted with Gesso and then inked up with Distress ink.


I added these cute little Tim Holtz paperclips and did some stitching.

My next page is based on SwirlyHues storyboard (which will be revealed tomorrow)


and some close ups:

I mixed in some embellies from last month's kit.


I altered this photo corner, by adding Gesso and Chocolate Dylussions spray ink. After it dried I added black Archival ink with my finger.




I adore all of these Prima flowers, but the one with the danglings..... sigh.... gorgeous!!!!

My 3rd page is about me. I rarely do pages about me, and this picture was sitting in my
*to scrap* folder, for a long time. I simply couldn't find the right papers for it. And when this kit came in....


I kept it very simple. Used some Gesso in various spots and did some hand stitching.








Again... I just love the dangling flowers. The other one, just above the Prima one is made from the wide crinkle ribbon that came in the kit. I cut it in half (lenght wise) and made loops. glued it together in the middle and added another rose, from some rosetrim I have. The paper roses are hand made after a tutorial, Pascale did.
You can find her tutorial on her blog or HERE
That's it from me, so far!

**********************************************************************************
You have until midnight, eastern time, on Sunday, June 10th to complete the hop. Winners will be announced on the Swirlydoos Blog on June 11th. In order to qualify to win here is what you need to do:
1: Visit all of the blogs and leave a comment on each. This way we know you were there. Become a follower if you're not already. Take your time. There are REALLY beautiful things to see along the way.
2: Before you leave each blog, look for the “special” words and write it down.
Once you have visited all the blogs and collected all the special words, they will create a 
Sentence 

3: Finally, go back to the Swirlydoos blog and leave a comment letting us know how much fun you had AND tell us the sentence that was created with all of the special words you collected.






My special word is : SMILE

The party finishes up back at Swirlydoos. Have fun!



70 opmerkingen:

Lisa zei

Wow Paulien!! I love all of the details on your pages. I could look at them all day and still find something new. Really beautiful

Lynne Forsythe zei

Just CRAZY how you pulled this off!! Your layouts are just FANTABULOUS!!

Tanni zei

Wow, you used a mouse trap? What a great idea!!

Kez zei

really lovely and interesting, lots to discover in the layout, like a little journey all of its own.

Lesley zei

Really creative work. I especially like the layout of you.

Debbie zei

Oh MY,, so stunning, love your journaling so heartfelt...

Rae zei

Paulien, your pages are wonderful! I love all of the details! The page of you is especially gorgeous! I love the flowers and color combo, and the stitching is so creative. You rocked this kit!!!

Lana Vassallo zei

I have to agree I just LOVE the flowers with the charms dangling! Beautiful work!

Bellaidea zei

Nice work, my fav is 3rd LO!

Bellaidea zei

Nice work, my fav is 3rd LO!

Bellaidea zei

My fav is nr 3!

Dee zei

Cute lay-outs!! I love the colours of this months kit, wonderfull!!

Dee in N.H. zei

Bravo!!!! Your attention to detail is just amazing!!!!! Love your pages!

Merrihew zei

Paulien, the LO's you created with this kit are gorgeous! I especially love the one about you! Looking forward to receiving this kit!

Vicky Alberto zei

Wow I love the combos you chose for this kit and that layout of you is just sooooo beautiful!

Keren Tamir zei

loving the designs!!!

LISA zei

Gorgeous Paulien!! And the picture of you is beautiful!! You should scrap your beautiful self more often!! And your husband eyes are amazing!!!

Angelica zei

My dear Paulien,

Each and everyone of your pages is a true masterpeice!! Stunning work, my friend!!

Kim zei

Your layout are simply stunning. My favs are the one of you and the one of your dh.

Christine Slak AKA Aunt Prissy zei

Love the rat trap. What an ingenous idea! My hubby will appreciate if I used one on his pages (he wasn't happy with the lilacs)!

Kate Block zei

Truly Amazing!! Your attention to detail and all your embellishments are supurb!! I love all the flowers and stitching. Beautiful work!

kantig34 zei

Paulien...beautiful layouts, as always! Especially love the one of you and the one of your daughter! What stunning women you are!

Wendy L zei

Your pages are gorgeous. Embellishments are amazing. xxx

Romy zei

Wow! Your layouts are all totally amazing! You gave this kit such a nice, elegant feel! And your pics match it perfectly. I especially love the page about your daughter. Good for you that you journaled about the story of her life:)

Deborah Johnson zei

Beautiful creations and I really enjoyed the close up photos of each project.

Cindy Lou zei

You are a true creative artist! Your LO's are spellbinding, the more I look the more I see. Love your combinations of stitching, trinkets and paper work. Fantastically gorgeous!

Kisha zei

You have such an eye for beautiful details. Beautiful work.

Jackie Clark (aka Jax) zei

What a fantastic end to a fantastic hop! I think your projects are my favourites this month. Love the way you've used the rat trap, your stitching through paper clips, and your machine stitching. And what a beautiful picture of you!

Hope you're feeling better!

L. Akins zei

Lovely layouts!!!!

Sandy zei

Love your style, and the photo of you is wonderful. Glad you found a way to use it. Love the kit as well.

Pascale B. zei

Paulien, I just love your work!! and your roses are beautiful :)!

hilde janbroers zei

great layouts!! that picture is soooo funny!!

Beth zei

Wonderful layouts, beautiful family.

Carin zei

Love what you did with the distressing and tearing. Very inspiring.

Silvia Mendoza zei

Amazing lo. Love your creativity and how you got to use a mouse trap. Thanks for sharing

Cherished zei

Paulien marvelous creations.

Tina M zei

Wow, totally different embellishments, also, I like the vertical stitching on the page.

amelia crowe zei

I love your beautiful and creative work!!

Michele from MS zei

What beautiful pictures you had to work with! Awesome, awesome layouts. So many little details...it's impossible to see them all!! Thanks so much for sharing!

MarĂ­a Castillo zei

Love all the pretty details on your pages!

Ro Miqueletto zei

Beautiful!!!!

Rea' zei

OMG, details, details...I love ALL your details, the trap, the stiching, your corners, the lace, my goodness, the flowers oh and those baubbles , the torn edges ...EVERYTHING ! Love the colors especially on the second LO!

Kimberly zei

Amazing, Beautiful, inspiring! Everything is gorgeous!!!

Kimberly zei

Amazing, Beautiful, Inspiring! Everything is gorgeous!!!

Stephanie zei

Paulien I love your layouts, I like how you've used the mouse trap on the layout of your Dad! Beautiful work as always!!

Nicole Doiron zei

Very beautiful and inspiring layouts!!!

Peggy zei

Love the heartfelt layout featuring your daughter, love the silliness & creativity of your layout featuring your DH, but I have to confess that my favorite has to be the page on the bottom of this post with the gorgeous details and that wonderful picture of you!!!!!

Amy zei

Oh my gosh I love your layout with the flowers! Thanks for sharing!

Manda_K zei

WOW!!!! Pauliene, you stepped out and did amazing!!!

Maureen Hayes zei

I have so many things to say! First off, you win the creativity award for incorporating a rat trap into your layout and making it beautiful!! LOL!

I LOVED the picture of your husband because it was so fun and full of personality! The layout supported that.

Your daughter is stunning (I am a redhead so I am partial to red heads, but still!!) and I loved what you wrote in your journaling to her. The embellishments are Gorgeous and I can see I want to win this kit, badly!

I think it was terrific that you took the picture of yourself and made a layout. Too often we don't do this, and it is a shame. First of all, we deserve it, and secondly, our families want to see us and know more about us, but because we are usually the picture takers and the scrapbookers, they get short changed. Good for you!

Sorry to go on so, but I was so inspired by all you did I had to say it!

Thank you for the inspiration!

MZule zei

Love all the details on your pages!

T Young zei

Your pages are fantastic. My favorite by far is the page you did of you. You should do more of them :)

dwaldenrn zei

I agree the flowers with the dangles are
awesome

Jessica S zei

Gorgeous work! Those are some seriously blue eyes your father has...LOL! Funny pic too! Love all of your layouts and happy to be able to peek in. Gorgeous stitching and the dangling flowers are a great addition to your page. When you say you used Gesso and Chocolate Dylussions spray ink, is this a mixture you can buy as is, or can make at home?
:O)
Jessica
New Follower and Happy Hopper!

Sherrenae - Sherri zei

Such fun and unique techniques.

Theresa zei

Great layouts again. Thanks for sharing.

jaclee zei

Beautiful details....love the handstitching. Thank you for sharing.

Linda Pekrul zei

Paulien, Paulien... you used the rat trap as an embellishment!! I LOVE it. You are so creative! I loved it all, but especially the page about you! Beautiful daughter, beautiful mom. Hope you're back home by now and feeling so much better!

Tina in Texas zei

So beautiful! I just love your layouts and always look forward to your awe-inspiring work.

Elisabeth zei

I just love the goofy photo!!! So funny. The layout about you is also extraordinary. Thanks for sharing!

Kathy zei

These pages ROCK! Love the one of your dad....great masculine page, and he is a man after my own heart...knows how to be silly and have fun! You are the queen of layering and use of embellies!

Emily H zei

Wow! Awesome! I love the jagged edges.

Erica Ortiz zei

Absolutely beautiful!

scrappygal zei

Beautiful layouts!! I love them all!!

SandiB zei

Your layouts are gorgeous. Love all the beautiful details on them. Just became a follower of your blog.

langeatheart zei

Your layouts are amazing! TFS!

ajmaluck zei

Amazing layouts. I love all the great details each one has. Thanks for sharing them.

berlykim37 zei

such details love the packaging...tfs

cvanholstein zei

Geweldig Paulien, heerlijk werk om weer doorheen te bladeren.
Eerste layout met zoveel humor, en de rest met zoveel talent!
Lijkt me leuk om weer eens te scrappen!
xxx, C

luv46kdz zei

Beautiful!

Paula