maandag 9 april 2012

Swirlydoos' April Kit Reveal Blog Hop

Welcome to Swirlydoos' April Kit,
Whispers of Spring,
Reveal Blog Hop Block Party!!

If you came here from Lisa Valentine's blog, then you are on the right track. If not, go back to Swirlydoos blog and start from there. We have some amazing projects for you to see today and as a bonus we have Petaloo joining in the fun and offering a prize!! There are 2 prize packs up for grabs so make sure to follow along and have fun!!

I swear to god... this kit is soooooooooooo BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!


I got my kit last wednesday and I simply couldn't stop playing with it.
My first page is based on this month's sketch:


and here's my take on it:


For the base of my page I painted a piece of fabric with acrylic paint.


I painted the black background paper with acrylic paint. When it was dry, I sanded it. The stitching is done by hand.


The peach colored flower is hand made after a tutorial by Pascale


The flower is an E-Line flower from Prima. I colored it with distress ink and stamped it with Archival.



My next page is based on this month's Swirly Hues palette and sketch
Here's the sketch:

and here's my page:





And here are some cards I made with this AMAZING kit.



The middle border is really standing out. Too bad the picture doesn't show it that well.



Those little beads, on the side, can slide up and down.




and the last project I have to share:


I really love how this card turned out. In real life it looks sooo much better than a picture could ever show.


I cut 3 strips of paper and added words to it.


attached it to my card with a Tim Holtz Swivel clasp.


That's it for me today. I hope you have enjoyed my projects and picked up an idea or two.

You have until midnight, eastern time, on April 11th to complete the hop. Winners will be announced on the Swirlydoos Blog on April 12th. In order to qualify to win here is what you need to do:

1: Visit all of the blogs and leave a comment on each. This way we know you were there. Become a follower if you're not already. Take your time. There are beautiful things to see along the way.
2: Before you leave each blog, look for the “special” words and write it down.
Once you have visited all the blogs and collected all the special words, they will create a QUESTION.
3: Finally, go back to the Swirlydoos blog and leave a comment letting us know how much fun you had AND tell us the QUESTION that was created with all of the special words you collected AND GIVE US YOUR ANSWERS.



My special word is : CLUB



The party finishes up back at Swirlydoos blog! Have fun!

70 opmerkingen:

Lisa zei

Paulien, your work this month is nothing short of amazing. Your shabby style is simply gorgeous.

Romy zei

You just keep amazing me with your creations, hon! All of your amazing techniques, your eye for detail, your distresswork...they all make these layouts and cards into true stunners!

Manda_K zei

Your pages are fabulous, and your cards? AWESOME!! :D Love them!!

Nicole Doiron zei

wow! All your projects are sooo elegantly pretty. I love the butterfly on the first card among everything else. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

eleele zei

Paulien. you cards are so shabby, I love them.
The LOs are so amazing, what a great job, hand-stitching, you are a hero.
very, very cuuutteee.

Rachael Elliott zei

Stunning creations!!

Heidi Kelley zei

SHabby, chic, spectacular!!! Such amazing work!

Dee zei

What a cute babypicture's! I love them! And what a lovely lay-outs you've used! Thank you for sharing, greetz Dee

Lynne Forsythe zei

BEAUTIFUL.....just BEAUTIFUL...all that shabby, grungy, painty goodness in one place.....AMAZING!!

Amarilys zei

MY! what a bunch of gorgeous projects! Love them all! TFS!

Merrihew zei

Amazing projects, Paulien! You always have the most gorgeous cards!

Cheryl

Theresa zei

Paulien, love your layouts and the cards. Already a follower. Thanks for sharing.

EFI zei

OMG!!!! Absolutely gorgeous work with amazing details!!!! Thank you so much for the amazing inspiration, Paulien!!!

Kitika zei

lovely layouts!& So-o pretty cards!

peggylee zei

Shabby grunge...beautiful just beautifual!!!! so love love it all. thanks for sharing

♣ AGNES B ♣ zei

HOP HOP What a fun fun :D... thanks for the chance to get those marvelous things:) Hugs - Agnes :)

Peggy zei

I love your pages, I love your flowers, and oh! how I love your cards1!!!!! Looking forward to this month's tutorials and challenges, I cannot possibly thank you enough for the inspiration that you give me!!!!

Kim zei

Love the layouts and your cards are stunning. Can't wait to see the swirlyhues pallete.

Alina zei

lovely projects!

Lesley zei

Your work is lovely. Thank you for a chance to win these prizes.

Vicky Alberto zei

Sheer shabbylicious elegance - I can't pick a fave!

Elisabeth zei

Paulien! You rocked the sketches. So pretty. I can't wait to get my kit and then I will have to get back to your layouts and get some more ideas. Stunning work.

Jax zei

Paulien, your cards are absolutely to die for gorgeous! Love the layout of your Lab, and the techniques you've used on the background.

Rae zei

Paulien, OMG! Your projects are amazing. No one does shabby chic like you! I love the layout so much! What a great idea to paint the background paper and sand it- I MUST try this!!

Kathi zei

I love all the technique you use...beautiful

Angelica zei

OMG!!! Paulien, each and every month you blow me away!!! Your style is gorgeous, your technique can't be touch!! You are truly talented, my friend!!

T Young zei

I love the look of the page that was painted then sanded! I have to try that! Thank you for sharing your beautiful work.

Stephanie zei

Fabulous work with the kit Paulien. Your cards arre always so coo - you truly are the card Queen!

mow180 zei

Swirlydoos has so much talent associated with them. Your work is beautiful.

Pascale B. zei

Wow Paulien! What you've done is totally stunning!!

Mary MacLeod zei

i am in awe of your talent and loved looking at your Blog.

Mary

Jann zei

Just visited your blog and LOVE your LO's and your card. I LOVE the little sentiments on the three little pieces of paper...so so cute! Your technique are fabulous...TFS....

MZule zei

Amazing layouts!

Li' NaisyDaisy zei

love your style of scrappin', its fabulous!! i just love stalking your blog, TFS..

Sandydee zei

Paulien, What wonderful projects. Your work is so pretty. Would be hard to pick a fav. BTW, liked the sliding beads.

Linda zei

You are so lucky to have that beautiful kit to work with! But the work you did with it is just awesome! Everything is beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration.

Maria zei

Fabulous layouts and cards - I'm so jealous that my kit isn't here yet and I can't start following tutorials and sketches and sraplifting from all the stunning DT examples this month.

Luanne zei

beautiful projects! great layouts, cards,and tags.

nanatam zei

Shabby Chic Delicious, TFS!!

AmyJ zei

Beautiful.

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious zei

Your projects always has that vintage elegant touch to it!! It's amazing!!

Monica Baker zei

Beautiful! I am definitely a new "follower" :)

Kimberly zei

I love all the distressing you do on your projects! There is so much inspiration on your blog!!! Your dog is so cute!

Electra zei

Oh wow, your cards are so lovely!

Tammy zei

Oh paulien! just beautiful projects this month!!! thank so much for sharing with us!! happy easter, tamh3030

Bashful zei

Nice Work!

L. Akins zei

Beautiful projects Paulien!

Κατερινα zei

wow!!!!so beautiful job!!!

МД в картинках zei

Your work is so pretty!

Tracie zei

All of your work is amazing, but I especially liked the card. Love the tags! Everything is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

HappyScrappin zei

The puppy photo's are adorable. Love the fabric painted with Acrylic paint and the hand stitching. Great job!

MORMOR zei

I love your shabby chic style. Your cards are stunning and must bring so much pleasure to the special recipient.

Linda Pekrul zei

Oh my Paulien. You are ALWAYS inspiring me! Such beautiful work. Don't you love dogs!!! I love the layout you did of yours. I have a picture of my very first dog that I loved with all my heart ... I MUST do a layout of her now!

Beth zei

Wonderful work,,,,,,,,love this blog hop! So glad I found it.

Regina aka Mrs. Ham zei

Gorgeous work. I love your cards, they are just stunning.

Kelly zei

Amazing work! I just love the page with that beautiful dog, and the card with the 3 tags hanging from the corner...just fabulous!

Hanne zei

Beautiful work!

Tina in Texas zei

AMAZING! Your layouts, your cards, etc. are just jaw-dropping. I wish I just had half your talent. You always inspire me. I am a big fan and love your work!

Szilvii zei

Gorgeous work with the kit! Thank you for the inspiration!

Quirt zei

I love the sliding beads... oh ideas, ideas. Thank you!

ingrid zei

gorgeous as always sweetie!!! xxx

Annette McCarty zei

Your work is astounding! I love every project and idea.

Dee in N.H. zei

GORGEOUS!!!! I just love your projects and that you were able to make some awesome cards with this kit too!!!

drybolt zei

Loving the flowers and the lace the puppies are so sweet, Sooooo beautiful.....

Elina zei

You have done such a wonderful job with the kit! Thank you so much for the inspiration!!!

Jackie G zei

Spectacular!

rlovew zei

Gorgeous layouts- love the dogs.

Erica Ortiz zei

Paulien, I just love all your projects! And those flowers are just gorgeous! You are truly talented!

Cindy Lou zei

I am always so excited to get to your portion of the blog hops. Your work just sets my mind to turning, you are a great inspiration. Love your LO's, especially the one of your (?) dog. Simply timeless. Your cards are so unique and touching. You rock!

Tulipinha do Cerrado zei

All projects are super cute.
Kiss ♥

Moêmia de Sousa