woensdag 7 december 2011

12 tags of Christmas day 5 & 6

Day 5... my heart sunk as I saw that Tim used his reflections stamps.
I was so mad with myself that I didn't buy that set, cause I KNEW that he would use it for his 12 tags. darn... anyway.... I needed some time to think about how I would solve this "problem", cause I really wanted to do this technique. And then it hit me.... WHY thinking so hard...
just do the technique and instead of placing the inked side, of the acrylic, face down to the tag, I glued it with the inked side on front. As I said.... I do not have the reflection stamps, so I used my regular Christmas stamps. still love the outcome. I don't have the die for the branch either so I handcut my own from grungepaper.
some close up's:

Day 6....
When I saw Tim's tag posted, I wasn't to excited, cause I didn't had the products. No metal, not the embossing folder, and I didn't know how to solve this problem without ordering the stuf. But NO.... that I promissed myself... I'm not going to order anything. Just use the supplies I have.
So... I cut up the packaging of milk (the inside has a silver, metal-ish layer) and start emboss it, using several embossing folders. then cut is up in several parts and started to fill my manilla tag. Then did the same thing Tim did with this metal embossed plate. I really really LOVE the outcome. it looks like a wrinkled old tin... LOVE IT!!!
here some close up's:
To me... it looks like an old tin my grandma use to have.

That's it for today... need to think about day 7 cause... surprise surprise..... don't have the products... lol

hugs,
Paulien

7 opmerkingen:

Julia Aston zei

You did a lovely job on your tags using what you had! Beautiful creations! It's nice to learn all Tim's tricks - but also a creative lesson adapting with other materials!

Anita zei

Well done Paulien for coming up with alternatives. I'm like you I don't want to buy anything new for the tags. I'm still thinking about number 4 so you're doing better than me, lol. I shall have to shop for milk cartons I think as mine come in a plastic bottle and I don't think I would get the same effect, ha ha.
Glad to see you're back by the way. Missed reading your blog.
xx

Oeneke zei

Geweldig mooi geworden Paulien, zo leuk om te zien hoe iedereen zijn eigen oplossing zoekt om toch ongeveer het zelfde resultaat te behalen. Ik vind dat kleine randje onderaan tag 5 een supermooi detail. En een melkpak gebruiken? je moet er maar op komen. Petje af

Luz Maria Bruna zei

What precious tags you have for today Paulien,love the different colours they have!!

Gerry van Gent zei

WOW, Paulien, these are gorgeous, sweetie!!!! You are really a tag-master!!!!!! Hugs and Miss ya! ~Gerry~

Blinnie zei

Like it! Like it! Like it!
Hartstikke gaaf Paulien!
Groetjes, Belinda

Karen Shady zei

Hi Paulien... what a clever lady you are. I have just been looking through your Christmas tas, WOW, they are all so beautiful... I am now a follower of your blog ( I thought I already was ??) have a wonderful Christmas x