vrijdag 1 april 2011

April Tag

Hello April, Hello Spring.

It is time to my monthly tag again, and I tried to keep this one simple but elegant.

supplies needed:
Manilla tag - Gesso - Distress inks: Bundle Sage,Vintage Photo,Frayed Burlap & Peeled Paint.
Tacky Glue - hot glue gun - glossy accents(for glue-ing metal parts)
calender stamp - old bookpage - spray bottle with water - tule - flowers - some beads
stickpin - wire - twine - needle and tread - heat tool - blending tool

Get your tag out, some Gesso, a brush and some netting.(I used some netting from oranges)

place your netting over your tag and tape it down with some craft tape or painters tape.

Now pounch with your brush, the Gesso all over your tag. It is okay if there is a thicker layer in some spots. It only will leave extra charm.

while your netting is still over your tag, and the Gesso is still wet, you could sprinkle some glitters over it. (optional)

I used Glamour Dust from Deco Art.

remove your netting. Dont you just love that texture?!!!!

heat dry the Gesso.

Swipe, with your Bundle Sage distress inkpad, over your craft sheet. spray some water over it and press down your tag in it.

It comes out something like this:

You can repeat that step for more color.

To add even more color, take your blending tool and apply more Bundle Sage ink to your tag.

Wipe with a little damp cloth, carefully the color of the Gesso.

Get out your tacky glue and an old bookpage.

Apply glue, at the left side, to your tag like in the picture below

Get your old book page over it, press it down a little, so that the glue
will spread a little. Let it air dry.

In the meantime, you can stamp your calender and
create your flowers. You can find a tutorial for these flowers HERE

(I changed mine in color and added some white puffy paint to the edges of the rose)

After your book page is completely dry, spritz it a little with water

Make sure it is pretty wet.

gently rub off the acces, till it looks something like this:

Distress your edges with a scissor or edge-distresser and ink them up.
I used Vintage Photo and Frayed Burlap.

now, to create some tulle leaves,

get a piece of tulle 4.5" x 2" and color this with Peeled Paint distress ink.
let it dry for a while

cut it in 2 parts.(2 leaves)
to make your leave, fold one part double like in the picture.

fold the edges towards the middle and get a needle and tread (maybe that should be the other way around)

run it through both layers. something like this

pull the tread and give it a few stitches.

shape the leave with your fingers. Again with the second part of tulle.

I had this idea after I had seen a rosebud tutorial by Lisa Gregory.

Now here comes the fun part!!!!!!
get 2 stems or little pieces of wire and shape them. (I use a cocktail pricker for this) some twine, (wrap it into 2 circles) a stickpin, or like I did a big glass bead and make a stickpin of it, and 3 metal spacers or pearls whatever you like.

glue everything down with a hot glue gun, after your own liking.
if you are glue-ing down metal parts, it is best to use glossy accents.

I add some Iridescent Medium (by Windsor and Newton) to give it
that extra little bit of shimmer. You could also use some diamond stickles for it.
add your ribbon to the top, and your tag is done.

Here are some close ups:





I Hope you enjoyed this tutorial, and try it out... it is fun!!

I'll be back soon with the projects I created for MCS.

hugs,
Paulien

26 opmerkingen:

BearFamily zei

Wow, that looks awesome Paulien !! Love how what you did with the bookpage, water and gesso, have to try it for myself! Love the flower tutorial also, I tried it once with the candle to burn the edges but I messed it all up, I guess I wasn't too carefully. Maybe I will try it again. Thanks for sharing all your lovely work !
Astrid.

Ellie zei

Geweldig mooi! Ik ga het zeker nog uitproberen...

carlies zei

Wow wat geweldige techniek,prachtig is je tags..
ik denk dat ik het gaat uitproberen je tag ..

fijne weekend gewenst!!!!

groetjes carla

Gerry zei

Girl, this is AMAZINGLY done! You are so talented and I love everything you create! Hugs, Gerry

Lynne zei

Gorgeous tag!! Love the gessoed background and the distressed vintage paper!! And the flowers are stunning!!!

marjolein zei

Hoi paulien, wat gaaf gedaan weer.
ik vind je bloemen nog steeds geweldig. groetjes marjolein.

Dawn B. zei

Beautiful tag!
Dawn♥

Vicky Alberto zei

you are so crazy talented - WOW!!!

Jolanda zei

wow,wow,wow,wat mooi!!Bedankt voor de uitleg!
Fijn weekend!

Anita zei

Fabulous, love the background technique. I am going to try that on my April tag, although I'm sure it won't look so good! I love the voile flowers, they are so delicate and scrummy.
Right, off to the shops to get some oranges!!
Anita xx

Corine van der Zee zei

Wat een geweldig mooie tag. Super gave details en dank je wel voor de goede uitleg! Vind je bloemen helemaal te gek! Groetjes en fijn weekend,

Corine

Tracey ~ GardenOfGrace zei

Wow Paulien! This is so fabulous. Just love the gesso technique ~ I'll be using this one. I made a flower from your rosie tutorial. It turned out to be more of a cabbage rose without the center bling, but I couldn't be more pleased with how it turned out. Thanks so much for teaching me the technique!

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Tracey ~ GardenOfGrace zei

I should have asked this when I left my other comment. What kind of tulle are you using. The tulle in our fabric store is nylon, and looks nothing like this. Thanks so much for letting me know! Your work is such an inspiration!

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Inge zei

Wat een geweldige tutorial en een PRACHTIG eindresultaat!!
Ik ben er meteen mee aan de slag gegaan en heb net drie tags op mijn blog geplaatst, plus linkje natuurlijk;)
Thanx!!

Janine zei

Hi Pauline, I came trough Inge, here above me, what a great tutorial, that I have to try too, and your tag is great, just great, i love it. Thank you for sharing this with us, have a great week. Best wishes from Janine from Germany, (jeanys Brunnen)

Dymphie zei

Supermooi en heel duidelijk uitgelegd! dank je wel :)

vind je het goed dat ik een van je foto's gebruik op 'deze is ook leuk' om terug te linken naar deze uitleg?

Κατερινα zei

Hi Paulien!!!thanks you for a fantastic tutorials!!!greetings from Crete-Greece!!!!

Annemarie / Liselore Design zei

Hij is prachtig!
Bedankt voor de inspiratie :)

Rein zei

Prachtige tag, bedankt voor de uitleg!

Scraplijn zei

Dank je wel voor de inspiratie, ik vind hem prachtig en heb hem ook gemaakt. de bloemen wilde ik al heel lang maken, nu weet ik hoe het moet!
Op mijn blog kun je eventueel mijn tag bekijken.

Groetjes Marjolijn.
http://scraplijn.blogspot.com/2011/04/tagenweer-een-prijs.html

Maja60 zei

Super mooie tag!! en super tutorial! Bedankt!!!

LISA zei

You are definitely the queen of tags my dear!!! Love this one to pieces. Thank you for the shout out!! You have also inspired me!!

Elizabeth zei

Wat een geweldige uitleg en wat mooi is het geworden. Ik ben geen scapper, maar wil zoiets wel eens proberen.
Groeten en veel succes.

Alle mooie dingen zei

geweldige tag.. deze ga ik zeker een proberen... heb geprobeerd om op de link te klikken maar deze werkt niet kan je me de link alsnog sturen?
bijvoorbaat dank
groetjes
Anita
http://alle-mooie-dingen.blogspot.com/

Nicie Ibarra zei

I love this tag!!! Thanks for sharing the tutorial!

Cindy zei

I love all your projects. What talent you have. Thanks for sharing all your tutorials. It really helps and I know it takes alot of your time. It's very appreciated!!!!
Cindy